Flightsim.com 10 years

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Flightsim.com 10 years

Post by TobyV »

Yup its been ten years of staring at a screen that says "All nodes are currently busy" whilst the steam pours off your F5 and enter keys, but we love it really. Seasoned FS-writeup author Andrew Herd has written a two part summary and Dave G (and possibly others) get(s) a mention, including a picture of his Rapide:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?47Lo40 ... years2.htm

Edit - just noticed Del's Dove gets a mention too... this guy must like de Havilland a/c - he's just gone way up in my estimations :smile: :dance:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sadly missing is Rick's Chippie from the Dh stable but hardly surprising. Andrew's account of the last ten years is, naturarlly, a generalisation and to have all of our developers in there would have been too much to ask for :wink:

Btw.. I'm one of those sad folk that pay's $30 per year to a) fund you lot and b) ensure I don't see ALLNODES :smile: ... and I have done for years too! :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

andy

Post by andy »

DaveB wrote:Sadly missing is Rick's Chippie from the Dh stable but hardly surprising. Andrew's account of the last ten years is, naturarlly, a generalisation and to have all of our developers in there would have been too much to ask for :wink:

Btw.. I'm one of those sad folk that pay's $30 per year to a) fund you lot and b) ensure I don't see ALLNODES :smile: ... and I have done for years too! :wink:

ATB

Why.............
If you are a freeware developer, that is aircraft, panel, sound, or scenery designer, and you upload 4 files per year, you are entitled to free membership. :doh: Some people............I dunno.......

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

DaveB wrote:Sadly missing is Rick's Chippie from the Dh stable but hardly surprising. Andrew's account of the last ten years is, naturarlly, a generalisation and to have all of our developers in there would have been too much to ask for :wink:

ATB

I wouldn't mind paying for a membership but the sign up pages never work.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

Chipmunk is mentioned :dance:
on same page as DG's Rapide :wink:

Regards
Rick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Steve wrote:
Why.............
If you are a freeware developer, that is aircraft, panel, sound, or scenery designer, and you upload 4 files per year, you are entitled to free membership. Some people............I dunno.......
I've heard of this Steve but it's never actually happened. Also.. I never actually upload anything I've done myself as it get's included in other folks stuff :wink: When the reminder comes up and says my subsription is about to expire.. I hit the button to renew as I've always done. Going cap in hand to explain that my name is mentioned somewhere in despatches has never been my thing matey :wink: More your strong, silent, poor type :lol:

ATB

PS.. Well done on the Chippie getting a mention Rick :wink:
ImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dave

I get subscription for free.

every year when it starts moaning i just e mail Nels Anderson and he sorts it out for me. :smile:

Regards
Rick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rick,

It goes without saying that a maestro like your good self should get free full membership matey. I on the other hand, at the cat's litter tray end of things... well, say no more :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Well Done Rick & Dave G

Keep up the good work Gents!

andy

Post by andy »

DaveB wrote:Hi Rick,

It goes without saying that a maestro like your good self should get free full membership matey. I on the other hand, at the cat's litter tray end of things... well, say no more :wink:

ATB

Dave you're a panel designer,(and a bloody good 'un).
You have many panels up there even if they are in other peoples packages. Their packages probably wouldn't get up there without your help.
Just email Nels, and ask him.
Unless you have money to burn that is. (If thats the case give it to me. I'm skint.) :-({|= :redface: :lol: :lol: :lol: