Just Flight DC10 HD Offer

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Just Flight DC10 HD Offer

Post by Nigel H-J »

Don't know whether this has been posted but just came across it whilst browsing. Quite a good offer by all accounts and one that I may try to buy.

http://www.justflight.com/product/dc10- ... d-10-to-40

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: Just Flight DC10 HD Offer

Post by alemaobaiano »

Hi Nigel

Don't fall for it.......it isn't worth the money even at the offer price. Dodgy flight dynamics, poor looking panels, and some very f-lite systems (I think I know what the "f" stands for now). Some are also reporting that it's a bit of a VAS hog, but I can't say that it slowed my ancient system down very much.

I bought it, installed it, flew it quite a few times, and promptly uninstalled it. Shame really, I wanted a nice DC10, but this isn't it.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I have the old CLS version of this from a couple years back. I use Thomas Ruth's freeware DC10 instead. :wasntme:
Alex

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

TR's DC10 is a very nice model indeed.

:thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Don't fall for it.......it isn't worth the money even at the offer price. Dodgy flight dynamics, poor looking panels, and some very f-lite systems (I think I know what the "f" stands for now).
Very many thanks for the warning, I should have known for some time ago I downloaded the 757 jetliner Freemium and had to take the computer to lincoln to download and install the freebie. As soon as I tried it I deleted it from my computer as it was , sadly to say 'orrible!! :(

Going to take advice from Alec and give the TR DC10 a try when I can get it.

Many thanks again.

Regards
Nigel.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

I have wanted a decent DC10 for ages but wasn't prepared to shell out for the CLS one at the time. Seeing this post the other day awakened my interest again and I downloaded the Ruth/Cantu version 2 DC10. I have to say that whilst the external model and the VC panel are very good indeed, and they are freeware, the flight dynamics are disappointing. Far too fast although the engines are slow to spool up (as is the case with most FSX aircraft) and far too agile. It needs calming down in several areas to represent a large widebody commercial airliner. I guess that a decent DC10 in my fleet is not going to happen any time soon :(

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Andy,

have not as yet been able to download the DC10 yet but went to the Avsim Forum where I came across some posts rather like yours whereas users were complaining about the acceleration and other minor faults however one of the members made som adjustments to the a/c cfg file and I have copied it here for you as cannot now find the post and have limited time on the computer. other users did state that this has improved the handling somewhat. I copied this for when I eventually download the DC10. 8)

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar=1.0
parasite_drag_scalar=1.25
induced_drag_scalar=1.0
elevator_effectiveness=.85
aileron_effectiveness=.70
rudder_effectiveness=.8
pitch_stability=1.1
roll_stability=1.2
yaw_stability=1.0
elevator_trim_effectiveness=.90
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar=.75

Regards
Nigel.

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for that info. I was contemplating going through the filigh tuning section and trying to fix it but in the end I lost interest. I put the mods you gave me into the cfg file and tried it. Much better! There is now a feeling of much more inertia in the air. I did make an additional mod to increase engine acceleration in the following section:

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.010 (was 0.0010)

It makes a small improvement. Now all I need to do is to find a decent sound set.

Regards
Andy

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

ajb wrote: I guess that a decent DC10 in my fleet is not going to happen any time soon :(

really??

This is not decent enough?? You can make any freeware DC-10 look like expensive payware add-on!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

I think that you missed my point Aharon. I said in my first post that I thought the Ruth/Cantu model was very good (external model, as you show in your pictures, and VC) but for me it has to have good flight dynamics. This one does not in its released form. For me, and perhaps it's a personal thing, a good model be it freeware or payware has to have good flight dynamics. Since applying the changes suggested by Nigel things have improved greatly.

Andy