Viscount 810 panel - problems with .cab file

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

stumpy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Viscount 810 panel - problems with .cab file

Post by stumpy »

Hiii chaps :xgrin:

This is my first post here... i'd like to wish you all a merry Xmas and a happy 2010.

I'd like to ask a little :help: from you...

Since they were launched i allways flew the rick piper Viscounts, and i installed with them the correct panel for the correct series. But, the panel VC810V4 by Fraser A. McKay has a little mistake. The files restrictor_bar_eng.bmp and the file Restrictor_bar_Rem.bmp are exchanged; so... the Restrictor_bar_Rem.bmp should be the Resctrictor_bar_eng.bmp and vice-versa.

In the past, i solved this problem by unziping the file VC810.CAB renaming the filmes and zipping it again.

But now, i cannot do it any more, because the FS9 is not assuming the file, and i don't know why, because i'm using the same rar zipper that i used in the past.

I only formated my hard drive and installed everything again, and this time i cannot perform the switch. Is any Fix for this bug available? How can you compile a *.cab file? :wall:

Another issue... Is there available any texture for the Comet 1 by Jens Kristensen for air france in the same quality of the BOAC "yoke peter" by Rui Cristina or something? I don't like quite much the original because it has no shine, and the front wheel landing gear is somewhat estrange... as the tail. The Yoke Peter looks great with that textures... great work from Rui Cristina :welldone:

So thank you very much... have a fantastic 2010, that santa brings you Health and Happiness.

Cheers :Dance:

Luis

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Re: Viscount 810 panel - problems with .cab file

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

Hi Luis and welcome to the forum :hello:

The V4 Viscount panels were superceded by V5 a while back and can be found here:

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/vie ... 13&t=14730

I've checked and the restrictor bar is working correctly. I wasn't aware it was wrong in V4 :-#

cheers :xsmile:

Fraser

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Links appear to be broken.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

simondix wrote:Links appear to be broken.

Works for me :rock:

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

stumpy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stumpy »

hiii chaps :xgrin:

Thank you very much Fraser for your reply!!!! many thanks! :agree:

I was looking to a file library that exists in the classic british flight sim and i found there a complete set for VA of viscounts and vanguards and perhaps that panels are the V5 version. They are stunning :excited: , oh boy, that was the best christmas gift i could ever receive... thank you :welldone:

I just loved the Viscount of BMA with the propeller with stripes... So cool!!!! :excited:

The Vanguards have a little problem, it's missing the proppler texture while turning at high speed. I changed the texture from my previous versions and no its the best vanguard i haver had... what a panel... two versions, one for the tommys and canadians (952) and other for us europeans... ehehe :rofl:

All i can wish you is that santa claus brings you a Vickers Machentman full of dreams, health, happiness and passion for the next year....

Merry Xmas, all the best :thumbsup:

Luís :xdeer:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Just a note on the Vanguard :hide:

In real life you can't see the prop blades.....just a clear disk with a slight hint of flicker which is why those texture we made that way :xgrin:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

stumpy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stumpy »

Hii chaps... :xsmile:

I now started to fly the viscounts around europe... and USA... ehehe, and i installed the Continental texture.

In Usa, i belive that was mandatory from some time to have a weather radar instaled. So i assigned the panel 837 to the continental version... (perhaps is that correct??)

I have a registred and working FSPUIC module active, but i turn the radar on clicking on the right corner on the white knob, but nothing happens, just the gauge became a little biger, but nothing more... what could be wrong? did i forgot to turn something on?

Cheers... :xsmile:

Luis

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

The link to the topic on CBFS works but the links to Viscount 800 and Viscount 810 (also updated CAB) give 404 errors.

Seems like http://fraserm.cbfsim.org/VA_Viscount_800.zip has moved or I don't have access *-)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Pick it up over at the library chaps ;)

http://www.cbfsim.net/library or go to the home page, http://www.cbfsim.org and click library from the menu on the left. ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

ianhind wrote:The link to the topic on CBFS works but the links to Viscount 800 and Viscount 810 (also updated CAB) give 404 errors.

Seems like http://fraserm.cbfsim.org/VA_Viscount_800.zip has moved or I don't have access *-)
That's what I meant. Sorry!
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman