BSMP Release Saab 2000 V1.1

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

it's a shame to hear all this - i've been following since the first release and to think in all that time there are still so many errors (not noticed by me before)

i'll download.
Last edited by hinch on 06 Sep 2006, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

RAF_Quantum wrote:Hi CB

Nav will just lock a VOR or Localiser. For ILS you need to select APP which will then use the Glideslope signal. I usually select NAV initially until it has the localiser and then select APP. Don't forget to dial in the ILS heading using CRS.

Rgds

John
Thanks John. I was putting it to the test at LCY but it was a bit hit and miss.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Charlie Bravo wrote:It looks quite nice but I think I'll stick to my Fokker 50.
Shouldn't that read HS748, CB? :lol:

I am able to shoot ILS approaches, the two problems I have are

1. Slowing the thing down.

2. Setting air pressure (QNH/QFE), where is the switch?

Also, the engine sounds from inside are a bit odd. Increasing RPM sounds very stepwise (like somone playing the next key on a synthesiser).
I do like the wingviews.

Regards

Kevin

ronindanbo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ronindanbo »

You need to use feather to slow the thing down as in most turboprops with that kind of power, we did try and reduce the ground power as much as possible but it was hard. The panel is a freeware release we used which is somewhat old I do believe there is another panel out there in AVSIM recently released that looks really good.

Dont write it off because of one or two biased opinions, unfortunately there is too much of this shit going on in the fs community now that it makes producing freeware not really worth the hassell. So one or two facts here.

1/ The SAAB is our very first model...
2/ We used third party stuff for the panel and sounds...
3/ The latest FDE designer learnt how to put a flyable model together in 2 weeks and thats no mean feat (considering none of the others could do it)
4/ the JS 31 and the JS 41 ARE previewed therefore NOT scraped so I dont know why non-members are making product announcements on behalf of my group.

Glad to clear all this crap up.
BSMP Founder and Modeller

Visit http://www.bsmp.co.nz

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

I never made any "annoucments" on your behalf. Note the word "think".

Reheat
Victor
Victor

Post by Reheat »

Hi there Dan!

I'd just like to say thank you to you and your group for a brilliant freeware release. Lovely looking model and ok, there are a few niggles, it isn't ruining anyones day is it!

I shall certainly continue to enjoy this aircraft and appreciate the effort put into her for a long time to come.

Some times I think some people forget that they are getting 1000's of hours of many peoples efforts for absolutely nothing. Perspective people!

I look forward to future BSMP releases!

Alex

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I for one Dan, while not getting the SAAB 2000 (not a huge fan of the real plane or its progenitor the SAAB 340), I'm waiting patiently for the Jetstream 41. There has not been a great rendition of the JS-41 ever done, and the previews look great, so I for one can't wait to get it and then couple it with Matt L's J-41 panel (which I hope he'll be able to finish about the same time).

ronindanbo
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ronindanbo »

Thanks guys I appreciate your support it renews my faith in the fs community , we will make corrections to the model (probably when we release the VC version) the JS 41 is shaping up, what we really need is someone to help our FDE guys along (its a steep learning curve)
BSMP Founder and Modeller

Visit http://www.bsmp.co.nz

edmond64
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by edmond64 »

Hi,
Just to clear things up, neither the j41 or j31 are scrapped. Unfortunatly due to my current real life work commitments (the summer season and no time off!!!) I have had no time to do much work on them. But as soon as I can I will finish them, so keep an eye out on the preview section.

Cheers
Paul

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks for that guys

Nice to hear about the J31 & J41 Paul.

Worth waiting no matter how long....you have to have a life as well

Best of luck on all your projects :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."