Unable To Use FSX

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Unable To Use FSX

Post by blanston12 »

Not sure if related, I was playing with P3D over the weekend and suddenly started getting all these error message dialog boxes popping up when starting a flight, something about unknown error related to MMSystem. Deleted and reinstalled the aircraft I was using, deleted (renamed) and reinstalled P3D, was wondering if it was time to replace the old laptop (it's now an ancient 4 years old) when finally did the correct google search and saw someone with a similar problem and it was related to the audio driver. Did an update of that driver and all was right with the world. I was even able to restore the P3D folder I had renamed and it all worked fine.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

I flew two flights without problems BUT I wish I would know the cause of why it now averages too high 1,250,000k in memory private setting compared to my FSX's normal average between 300,000k and 500,000k in memory private setting for thousands of flights for past many years years before the problem started last Saturday. Wondering why???

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

AFCAD issues..scenery issues...aircraft issues... You MUST have added something to your FSX. Have you defragged your system just in case files are all over the place?
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Hi famous Tony!!!

I have not made any changes to FSX or laptop since February. The only thing I added was few liveries from HJG which I am sure is not not not not cause of the problem. The problem started last Saturday. I defrag periodically. Guess I will do it now to see if it stops the problem.

Regards,

Aharon