High Flight film on YouTube.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

High Flight film on YouTube.

Post by Trev Clark »

This film from 1957 called High Flight is not something I've seen before today, sort of Carry on Cranwell! Worth a watch for the aircraft alone, not to mention spotting all those British stalwart actors of the time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8l4byhJVA8o
ATB Trev

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Re: High Flight film on YouTube.

Post by Swanoir »

Have watched a few minutes, about to go to bed...brilliant so far! Curse you, it'll be a long night, thanks for posting on a Friday! :welldone:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I agree. From the first few minutes, it looks well worth watching. That near miss with the Vampire and Auster on the runway was very well staged. Thanks Trev ! :cheers:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The 43 Sqn. Hunter footage was meant to be 111 Sqn, but was changed due to weather and operations. Apart from the Vampires swapping from two to single seat variants mid air, most of the stuff is good, bearing in mind it's date.

There is another, similar film available, called ' Conflict of Wings' a little less flying, but quite a good back story that is relevant today. It features ' Septic' from Angels One Five'....as a corporal fitter! Some of the locals appear in both films too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US74bAu4wTM

Set aside a wet weekend afternoon for some vintage Classic British nostalgia :agree:
ATB Trev

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Thanks Trev for posting. I watched 'High Flight' last night and really enjoyed it.

Nigel²