BAC 1-11

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ctatlow
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

BAC 1-11

Post by ctatlow »

i am new to this forum, so forgive me for probably asking this question in the wrong place!? :worried:
i just wondered if anyone could tell me if David Maltby's BAC1-11-200 has a speed hold linked to the AP or otherwise and where the cockpit light switch is (if it has one)?
thank you in advance
ctatlow

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: BAC 1-11

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Ctatlow and welcome,

I'm just off to work at the moment so cant check, but I'm pretty sure the answer to both is yes. No doubt one of the chaps will pop by shortly with the details.

All the best
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps :hello:

I can't remember DM's 1-11 not having a speed hold but I don't think the 200's do you know. Come to think of it, I don't think any of them do except the 510ED's.

Flightdeck lighting is on the OHP above the pilot BTW. Either pan up if you're in VC (they're the conical rotary controls) or call the OHP 2D window up. The legend is probably clearer on the 2D ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

You're right mate. It was the 510 panel I'd been thinking of. Sorry for the confusion. :worried:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

No Speed Hold on any version except the 510.

N

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for the confirmation Nige. :thumbsup:

I tried hard to remember how the hell I used to fly VA flights in it using FS9 then realised I may have added my own AP throttle arm/speedhold button :worried: Not strictly kosher I know :$
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Hello,

From my many, many hours spent in the 1-11 200 on my recent project planning, I've found that although there isn't an autothrottle system, it's nice and easy to control the speed to give you what you want.
Maintain 94% in the climb, (you'll need to keep advancing the throttles as you gain height) and then just set the cruise speed when you level off, it's not that fiddley to get set.

On descent, I find that descending at idle and 2000fpm holds about 280kts, and when you get to FL130, reduce the rate of descent to 1500fpm, maintain idle and you'll slow to 250 in time for FL100.

The only bit that takes a lot of getting used to is the amount of power needed to maintain approach speed with everything down; so give it plenty and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps,

Paul C

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I used to watch Ine-elevens landing at jersey a fair bit.

After turnuing final they'd set approach flap at about the time the gear came down. This was always accompanied by the engines which were not smoking, start belching out smoke. The approach noise was quite high too so it does seem they really did use quite a bit of welly to drive it against the drag.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ctatlow
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ctatlow »

Thank you for all your replies especially Paul C and Dave B, a big help :)
Better get back flying then.