Capt Sim L1011 TriStar exterior released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Capt Sim L1011 TriStar exterior released

Post by J0hn »

I just bought it - 9.99 Euro, with that amount discounted from the base pack when available - like previous releases.

Looks pretty good, but very disappointed to see that the temporary VC and FM they've used is the FSX default Airbus 321 - a horrid pig of a thing. It's the only default FSX model I won't touch with a barge pole. Yuk! Damn thing has a mind of its own and nuts flight dynamics.

Oh well.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/l011/

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Capt Sim L1011 TriStar exterior released

Post by Garry Russell »

They use a twin panel on a Tri-Jet???
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I can't believe this. Releasing a half finished product (so the hapless purchaser can beta test it) stinks. I will stick to freeware (not that I fly any tubeliners) I always liked the Tristar so Justflight know what they can do with their half baked offering. :rant:

Nev

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Scorpius wrote:I can't believe this. Releasing a half finished product (so the hapless purchaser can beta test it) stinks. I will stick to freeware (not that I fly any tubeliners) I always liked the Tristar so Justflight know what they can do with their half baked offering. :rant:

Nev
They must have taken note of the real life situation with the JSF!

EDIT: On second thoughts, reading Garry's correct comment, maybe they didn't take note of anything.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

As I mentioned earlier.. it's nothing new for CS is it. They did the same with the B52. When the B75' was released, it wasn't a full model initially. I guess it keeps folks going back :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

You can also get an FSX native L1011 without a VC for free - http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=14&y=10

:)

Which is (I think what I used here, with an RAF livery back in 2011)

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Er... Captain Sim chaps, not Justflight this time around. As Dave B said CS have a history of doing this - gets the dollars in early I guess.

Regards,
Chris

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I suppose if people keep buying half-finished stuff, then CS (and others) will keep selling 'em.

Nobody is being force to buy.
Dave G.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I think it's just to give peeps something to get wet about until the full release. I don't mind - I've liked every CS product I've bought so far. I'm not a fan of 'big tin' but I use them in Air Hauler to earn 'big bucks' to buy my pretty twin-props with :)

The CS products suit my style of airliner flying (VFR) and they are easy to add the various bits I want to (Simflyer gauges usually).

If they use the exterior sales as a way of gauging interest then I'm quite happy to buy, knowing it'll be deducted from the base pack price.

I have the Perfect Flight L1011 with it's RAF scheme (think that's it in Darren's post) and it left me a little underwhelmed tbh.

Horses for courses. ;)

Oh and of course Capt Sim built what in my mind is the best ever add-on aircraft for FSX, the C-130. With a decent soundset it's the Mutts Nuts :thumbsup:

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Here's a few screenies (resized) - tested out my new TM Warthog with FSX yesterday and the L1011 just arrived at the right time :)

It might be FM and VC from the A321, but it certainly doesn't feel like it - and all three engines contribute to virtual global warming! :Dance:

all aboard... ;)