The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Horizon VFR GenX & GEX Europe together?

Post by DarrenL »

Hi

I'm planning on purchasing Horizon's VFR Photographic Scenery X Complete Box Set Volumes 1-3 covering England & Wales but I have also been offered 2nd hand a copy of Flight One's Ground Environment X Europe. I have been told that this backs up FSX default ground textures and installs it's new textures. I know Horizon's VFR GenX does this for the UK as well as installing a better mesh but it would be nice to use the GEX textures for the rest of Europe.

Would it be as simple as installing GEX and allowing it to install all ground textures, then install Horizon's VFR GenX for it's mesh and textures for England & Wales?

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Horizon VFR GenX & GEX Europe together?

Post by DaveB »

Hi Darren :)

As far as I'm aware, Ground Environment is a set of new/replacement textures (no mesh) so as long as you install that first and then GenX on top.. you should be ok. Of course.. install GEX then start the sim to enable the scenery.cfg to update before installing GenX. Make sure you have plenty of disc space and look forward to slower load times too :cpu:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Horizon VFR GenX & GEX Europe together?

Post by DarrenL »

Thanks.

I have plenty of disc space and when I run REX........(goes to make a cup of tea and 3 course meal)......I am used to really long loading times :agree: :)