Banned from the forum message

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Banned from the forum message

Post by SkippyBing »

Of course in a properly run society people who only had gmail accounts wouldn't be allowed access to forums. If you can't afford an ISP that gives you a proper e-mail address then you shouldn't be allowed to participate.
Other details of the new order will be promulgated after the coup d'etat. Wednesday's looking good.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Works for me :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

SkippyBing wrote:Of course in a properly run society people who only had gmail accounts wouldn't be allowed access to forums. If you can't afford an ISP that gives you a proper e-mail address then you shouldn't be allowed to participate.
Other details of the new order will be promulgated after the coup d'etat. Wednesday's looking good.
I'm afraid that's rather draconian and to be quite honest poorly conceived. My ISP's own e-mail service is utterly utterly useless, when the mailserver itself isn't up and down every five minutes then there are various problems with remote access from other locations. I've also moved house a lot over the past few years and used a different ISP each time, and I'm subscribed to far too many forums, internet services and other things to change all of the e-mail addresses without forgetting some of them and then being stuck up a creek without a paddle when my former ISP's e-mail shuts down. Henceforth a lot of people use some of the many webmail services because they are in many ways superior to ISP mail.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

It may have been slightly tongue in cheek Chris. Apart from the bit about the coup d'etat obviously.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Sorry Skippy I get a bit tired of the "ohmigosh you must have an ISP based e-mail" brigade talking utter nonsense and I completely missed the sarcasm at nearly 3:00AM. :$

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Guy's..

Unfortunately, we've had another casualty of our Spam Blocker.. Trev (Calypsos). He is still able to view the forum and is available for comment via PM but is unable to post. He has asked me to pass this on to you..
Dear All, I have asked Mr Booker to post this in my absence :tab:
Due to my local ISP network IP number being listed as a spamming PC, the anti spamming system on the forum will no longer let me post :o

I am still here (and reading daily) and can still be contacted via PM's if anyone needs to get in touch. My ISP is possibly the worst company I have ever come across at sorting problems, so I do not expect things to change soon.

Yours in Coventry (Spain) :lol:
Trev
ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

I've just seen this. Erm, I've got a G-mail address, but I can assure you I'm not a dodgy character :)
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

My isp e-mail is something like [email protected] :lol:
That and the UI is rubbish mean I seldom use it.

Msn.com for the win! Been using it for 10 years lol :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Try Windows live mail? It works for me and has some added benefits such as free web page hosting .

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

Didn't get a message but oddly I've just installed Firefox 4. I am logged in via Palemoon (firefox 3 clone) and tried to log in using FF4 and immediately it gave me a "you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to login and must also complete a capture field etc..." Yet I have not failed to login, this was the first attempt using FF4 and I'm still logged in here using Palemoon.

Buggette?