BAC 1-11's Air Malawi and Nationwide

The place to request or publish repaints for Classic British Aircraft. Please note... no FICTIONAL livery requests!

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry, The Painters

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

BAC 1-11's Air Malawi and Nationwide

Post by parksie10 »

Does anybody know of repaints that may exist for the BAC 1-11 for FSX for either Air Malawi or Nationwide Airlines (SA). I'm interested in adding them to my fleet. :)
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Re: BAC 1-11's Air Malawi and Nationwide

Post by WhisperJet »

Parksie, did you check here already?
http://classicbritishfiles.com/

They call it "the pond" here (if I get that right). And it's a fabulous source for 1-11 repaints!!
I spend hours in my office just about thinking what I could download and fly in next...

Cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Nick,

Yes, I did, :) it, like this site is truly a little gem. However no joy for either FSX or even an FS9 one which might be able to be tweaked. But thanks all the same?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Parksie,

The 1-11 is a FS9 model so not sure what you mean by an FSX repaint, there are just repaints, no difference between FS9 and FSX. Have a look on flightsim.com or avsim.com and there are loads of BAC 1-11 repaints, just make sure you get ones for the current model as some of the older ones will be for the 2002 model. ;)

On flightsim.com, do a file search for BAC 1-11 in the "Search for text" field and you'll get 50 + pages ;)

[EDIT] Nationwide.... http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=73643

Doesn't seem to be one for the current model for Air Malawi
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Ben,

What I mean is that sometimes the aircraft and repaints from FS9 are not compatible (not had that with anything of here though). I'm pretty new to adding aircraft and scenery, so am just finding my way about what can be done and what can't be done. I had one instant where I got some corrupt scenery and it screwed up my whole system.

Anyway I'll go and check out what you suggested.

:OT: Nationwide is our former infamous regional airline that had a 737 drop its starboard engine just after rotation. The pilots were able to hold her steady, climb, circle, dump fuel and bring it down in some pretty lousy weather. It happened here in CPT. They started out flying BAC 1-11's and later got hold of 727's and then 737-200 ADV's. They are now no more.

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

[quote="Ben Watson"
[EDIT] Nationwide.... http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=73643

Doesn't seem to be one for the current model for Air Malawi[/quote]

Got that Nationwide though, tyvm :cheers: and took it for a quick hop between FACT and FAPE.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Glad your sorted mate. Most folk upload to the big two sites, Flightsim.com and Avsim, but most of out guys release their repaints on classicbritishfiles too. But for the older models, there might be a bigger selection from other painters on these two. Avsim search is a bit pants compaired with flightsim.com though ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Ben Watson wrote: Avsim search is a bit pants compaired with flightsim.com though ;)
That's no joke, moreso since their site has been hacked and then repaired :| However Classic British is fantastic. What I also like is we South Africans are not entirely forgotten. :excited:

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Ben Watson wrote:
Doesn't seem to be one for the current model for Air Malawi
I see there is one for FS2000. So maybe some kind soul might who knows a thing or two about repainting can possibly tweak that one for me/us/anybody that's interested. having said that, Classic British is incredible. I go on looking for one thing and come away with about 5 different. What gets me is all those Braniff Liveries. Good job I work at home so I have no boss checking over my shoulder :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The 2000 mapping is different so it's not a tweaking job.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."