K2

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Re: K2

Post by Brian Franklin »

Dave, Trev's right. That does look nice. Keep it up

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

thanks for the compliments, as far as i knew, there already was a Beverly for fs9? sure i had seen one. if not, i am sure we could make one :thumbsup:

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

ukmil wrote:thanks for the compliments, as far as i knew, there already was a Beverly for fs9? sure i had seen one. if not, i am sure we could make one :thumbsup:
There is the Trans Global one .......http://www.transglobalaircraft.co.uk/25 ... ion*id*val* Its for FS2002 but works well in 2004.

There is a couple of extra textures out there too, including one to remove the 'globe' that unloads when the rear doors are opened.

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

The Transglobal Bev is pretty much 'past it's sell by date' I am afraid, it was upgraded by some members here but still is pretty much a 6 yr old model. A new one (even better for FSX, as she is great being hand flown 'low and slow') would be a major boost for lovers of Brit military stuff! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Now AS have thrown in the towell for that style of machine, I cannot think of any payware company that would even think about building a flying 'block of flats'!
ATB Trev

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

mm, might be one to do then

Ben Hartmann

Post by Ben Hartmann »

I spent a fair chunk of my childhood staring in awe at the Hendon Bev (RIP)

Rgds

Ben

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

TheTrans Global site seems to be down or closed.
delticbob wrote:
ukmil wrote:thanks for the compliments, as far as i knew, there already was a Beverly for fs9? sure i had seen one. if not, i am sure we could make one :thumbsup:
There is the Trans Global one .......http://www.transglobalaircraft.co.uk/25 ... ion*id*val* Its for FS2002 but works well in 2004.

There is a couple of extra textures out there too, including one to remove the 'globe' that unloads when the rear doors are opened.

Bob
Rich

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

A new Beverley would be nice.
In the meantime, you can make a pretty decent Beverley for FS9, but it takes a lot of patience. You can read the whole gory saga here:
http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/to ... IC_ID=7346
http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/to ... IC_ID=7316

The files were still available when I looked about 10 minutes ago.
Whatever you do, do not install it directly to your FS9 - assemble it in a holding folder, then cut and paste.

MikeW
SUMMARY:
The problem is that the Part 1 installer does not create an Aircraft\Beverley folder with the proper model\panel\sound\texture subfolder structure.

Everything goes wrong from there.

The Part 2 installer does create a Beverley folder(in FS*\Aircraft as default) but that only contains a panel. The gauges would probably finish up in the main Gauges folder, as they should. Again, I didn't test that.

The part 3 installer cannot find an Aircraft\Beverley\sound folder to put the wav and sound.cfg files in, because neither part 1 nor part 2 created it
MJW

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

emfrat, you need to read a bit more into it, what they are talking about there is the Beverley update on Classic British files, it only has 2 folders, Panel and Texture so no chance of a working model there even with the Aircraft.cfg and airfile being there.

The origional Trans Global model is required, unfortunately the Trans Global site has dissapeared but I suspect it is still availiable on Flightsim.com or Avsim that has everything including sound.
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Just checked Flightsim.com and the Beverley is still availiable there in it's origional 3 part download, just do a search for Beverley, that is the model the upgrade was done for, if I can get motivated I will pack and upload the updated model by Rick Piper of Ralph Pegram's origional for which Ralph gave me the source code, Rick removed the globe from the model and made a heavy drop version with the rear doors removed, my repaint only made the globe invisible.

The newer model also has reverse thrust and will reverse under its own power
Rich