AFG Caravelle released!

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: AFG Caravelle released!

Post by Mark C »

Would have thought that Avsim would refer to it on their front page.
YEAH .... me too !

In fact I was quite surprised to see they didn't .... or haven't yet at least :dunno:

Just a couple comments regarding sound/audio for this new AFG CARAVELLE project .... and now that it's released.

The soundpack provided with this new package is a brand new RR AVON (no reverse thrust) representation and has been specifically tailored for this particular model, panel, and FDE combination.

In other words this new CARAVELLE 3 package must be used with the provided soundpack "ONLY" .... of course !

Our (Aeromusica) earlier CARAVELLE soundpack versions (i.e. those currently available from CLASSIC BRITISH FILES) will not function properly with this new package and are now completly redundant.

Garry .... if you've got any influence over there you might like to recommend that each of the 3 earlier CARAVELLE soundpacks currently still available CBF (so far as I'm aware) should now be withdrawn completly.

We've also significatly improved each of our earlier COMET soundpacks too .... which I'd also to replace if Rob will allow me to do so.

Thanks !

Mark C :flying:
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Mark

The Files are removed from Classic British Files :).

Now about teh Transavia dn Airborne airfreight vesions :)

It is a superb model, all that is missing is the smell of Disque Blue, and annoyed Frogs :)

Thank you

Leif

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

The Files are removed from Classic British Files
Thanks Leif ! ;-)

That now eliminates any possibility of confusion and subsequent disappointment .... should anyone have been remotely tempted to try the old audio :)

Mark C
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO
Last edited by Mark C on 05 Aug 2008, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

what would be nice is if afg would release these in just a zipped file format that we can put into the fs9 directory,

it looks to me that when ever program they are using to create there install files seems to be sticking adware in the exe's that it is creating. which I do not like one bit.

I am sure that this is not anything afg did on purpose, I think the install creating program is the villian here.

Kaspersky is almost always at the top of any anti virus list that I see. and it updates regularly, if this was justt a false alarm. I have a feeling that it would have been solved in a update already (they average 4 a DAY). something has been stuck in there that is probably not in the best interests of my computer. :@

oh one thing, if anybody has installed this and has spybot search and destroy, could you run a scan and see if anything comes up maybe the same thing that karspersky is poping off about.. 8)

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

bigred1970 wrote: oh one thing, if anybody has installed this and has spybot search and destroy, could you run a scan and see if anything comes up maybe the same thing that karspersky is poping off about.. 8)
I ran Ad-Aware 2008 on the download and there were no indications of any problem.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Hi -
Just installed the Swissair one. Nothing heard from AVG Free 8 during download or install, and post-install my newly-updated Spybot 1.5.2 reported no problems. I downloaded from Flightsim.

MikeW

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum

I wouldn't expect AVG to pick anything up if it was there......I have used the free for a while and it does let a lot through.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Kaspersky has a pro-active defence which detects 'unknown' threats, i.e. anything that tries to fiddle about with the registry that it doesn't recognise. So it will flag up it's best guess as to what it might be and lets you decide whether to go ahead. To my mind, if I am installing a bona fide progam when I get such a warning I ignore it. But if it pops up when I'm not installing anything then I'd want to know more about it!

BTW. Trying to decide which of the Caravelles to download as I'll only need one. The Air France is the obvious candidate as it is iconic. The Swiss models state that the panel is in English.

I know this is a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway and suffer the ridicule ... what language is the Air France panel in?

Ian Image

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

I think you should go for the Scandinavian ... I haven't tried the model, but I've been in the real thing (well, it's sister) in the Technical Museum in Denmark.

The Scandinavian is almost as iconic as the French ... and on top of that, it's not French ;-)

I'm pretty sure that the panel will be in English on the Scandinavian version ;)

http://www.scanliners.com/lcc.htm
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I think Dan, SAS had it in service first, a few days before Air France :think:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."