IFC Birmingham

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

henk hugo
Viscount
Viscount

Post by henk hugo »

i flew 13 000km to go to the 1st one in Blackpool - had it not been for Ben and Erich i would have slit my wrists :-({|=

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Henk, was that due to the flight or the sh*t food in Blackpool... now that is a dump.. Kiss me quick Hats drunk jockenesse puking up everywhere more p*ssed than your grannies mattress! Overpriced cold chips and fresh (myarse) fish. Oh and come the end of the year the wonderful Blackpool Lights, thats where you drive along a windswept prom at night with your wipers going flat out to give you a smidgeon of vision so you can look at some bloody crappy lights hanging off a few lamposts, oh heaven!
Pop into the local pub for a bag of crisps and a glass of lager, if your lucky they are plastic glasses so the nice jockenesse chap with the kiss me quick hat and vomit stained t-shirt the says "Everything I drink turns to p*ss" doesnt do much damage when he glasses you for being so offensive as being in the same building as him..
Oh yes the joys of Blackpool lomg may they be memories rather than reality :smile:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I was offered a 2 day job interview in Blackpool by "XYZ Systems" for a job in Rochester. Almost needless to say on hearing the location and timing of hte interview I declined at that point and am now happily working for another company.

Dont think a trip to Brum would really be wrist-slit-inducing :lol: Its only a few miles up the road and if I really dont like hte place I can always get the train back again. A flightsim show really cant be that bad, can it :think: ?

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

:think:
so this is the place to read up on all the places one
should leave off the tour when visiting the UK?
:worried:
:smile:

henk hugo
Viscount
Viscount

Post by henk hugo »

just abosulutely everything - we found this great little indian place to eat eventually....

the hotel was :doh: the event was :doh:

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

IFC Birmingham

Post by Tomliner »

Haven't decided yet.I went to an event about 4 years ago held at the National Motorcycle Museum near the NEC.The parking was horrendous,at least that should be easier( but not cheaper) at the NEC.Best Wishes EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

I travel to B'ham a lot.. but I usually stay firmly within the Bullring and its hundreds of Starbucks' ;)

Of course, there are a few good restraunts in the area too.

BUT I'm not keen on the rest of Birmingham. The NEC is a little 'outside' the city centre though..

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Charlie Bravo wrote:
Town wrote:any advice?

Gordon
Yeah, don't go, it's boring. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

The NEC is at the better end of Brum, yep it will cost to park there but as a tip...why not park in the long stay at the airport then catch the unmanned railway thingy used to be called Maglev to the NEC, not sure what the cost difference will be for parking the train is free and you get to see some aircraft whilst there :smile:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I find that parking at BHX (EGBB) is considerably cheaper than the NEC.
Also, getting out afterwards is much quicker.
By the way, I love Brum!!!

Regards

Kevin