Simshed Dominie for FS9

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Re: Simshed Dominie for FS9

Post by dswanson »

Hi,

There have been a few threads on the Dominie DH/HS 125 for FS9 in the past so I'd be up for working in a team to create one.

I've no modelling or painting skills but could develop the flight dynamics. I don't know if it would be possible to recompile one of the older AI designed models rather than start from scratch. I did make a start on reworking the FD files on one of the freeware AI Dominies a while ago but gave up as the visual model really wasn't really worth it.

Any takers ?
Regards,

Degsy

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

The reason why I say that is because everybody seems to be moving to FSX im staying with FS9. I find FS9 takes up less memory I did try FSX didnt like it. The aircraft in it have no 2d cockpits it didnt run as fast as FS9.
Vulcan XH558 DONT Let Her Die She Wants To Fly.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Tomas,

I think you may have misunderstood how the cockpits work. FSX will default to the VC, but you just right click on the screen and select cockpit and select the 2D one.

What spec is your pc?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

thomasburnside wrote:The reason why I say that is because everybody seems to be moving to FSX .
No...that's simply not true.

Dswanson.

It's possible to make an AI aircraft flyable but they will be lower quality and to add some better features would require the source file and then the question would be that if one was to add full workings to the low poly model then might as well start from scratch.

So really the only option is to just make an AI model flyable or else it will be a waste of time.

It could be that one day someone might make a full FS.X model of a type....any type and allow a friend or team member to use those source files as the basic parts for an FS.9 version but it's doubtful that a high quality FS.X model source would be passed to the public.

Few people that have built FS.9 models have ever considered making a version for FS.2000 and the same is true with FS.X...no one is thinking backwards

So the only options is something already FS.9.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

I may, and I say may, make one for FS9. I mainly do FSX now, but I could make a one for FS9, but it will be lower quality, with prob no, or basic VC

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

Thanks Gaffer look forward to it if you do make it.
Vulcan XH558 DONT Let Her Die She Wants To Fly.

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Post by dswanson »

Gaffer,

If you do make a model,and I hope you do, you'll make a number of us very happy !!!
Regards,

Degsy