ATC question

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

ATC question

Post by parksie10 »

Good morning everybody, I've got another question. I've picked up that when downloading aircraft and then flying them, your airline does not always come through on ATC and you wind up getting just a flight number. eg. LIAT 141 will just come through as 141. How, if at all can I rectify that. It is not a big issue, but it is a minor irritation at times.

Thoroughly enjoying the HS 748 and DM's BAC 1-11. They certainly don't joke when they say his engine sounds are loud. I got a neigbour complaining that she feels like she's living at an airport. :lol: Anyway please assist, if possible with the above.
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: ATC question

Post by speedbird591 »

Howzit Parksie!

Here's an entry from the aircraft.cfg file of the 748. This is where ATC gets the info about your aircraft. The reason ATC isn't using LIAT as the call sign is because FS doesn't recognise it as a proper word because it isn't! If you look at the atc_airline entry for, for instance, a British Airways repaint it will say SPEED BIRD and you will hear ATC say 'Speedbird 748'. I suppose you could try replacing LIAT with LEE YAT and see if that works :lol: Anyway, that's the area to look at.

atc_heavy=0
atc_id=VP-LIK
atc_airline=LIAT
atc_flight_number=748

Cheers

Ian :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There are Edit Voicepack updates from titme to time that add missing airline names due to what Ian explains above.

Don't know anything about how it works as i don't use ATC but do a search as see what comes up.

I have no idea if LIAT has been covered though *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Ok that makes sense. :)

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Hello Parksie -
John Hinson is yer only man when it comes to EVP additions. Visit his website:
http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/

or go to Avsim and search on his name.

EVP lets you copy parts of sounds and paste them together to make a new sound - for instance you could take the 'Glas' from Glasgow and the 'burgh' from Edinburgh and make 'Glasburgh'. Can't imagine why anyone would want to do that 8) , but with a good ear and a bit of patience you can create all sorts of new names. John has already done most of the work for us - he must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the MSFS default phrases . :thumbsup:

Cheers
MikeW

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Hello hello, did I hear somebody mention my name?

If we are talking FS9, yes, the callsign "LIAT" is available - twice in fact!

If you do an Online Update in Editvoicepack (its through the Help Menu), it will be added to your system. However, that one isn't the best of renditions and I actually remade LIAT in (hopefully) better-sounding form. You will find it in set 15 of my updates: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search at AVSIM. If you choose to use that one, you should "untick" the other one in EVP to disable it.

Just for the record, there are no further official updates being made for FS9, so the Online Update only needs doing once. Everything else has to be manually imported. I don't know if any of the FS9 stuff works with the FSX EVP software, I have no experience of FSX.

Best wishes,

John

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Cheers, John -
I hope I haven't caused you any embarrassment or extra work, but you are something of an 'unsung hero' in the ATC/EVP field, and I think your efforts should be recognised.
Many thanks for all your work that I currently enjoy.
ATB
MikeW

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

emfrat wrote:Cheers, John -
I hope I haven't caused you any embarrassment or extra work, but you are something of an 'unsung hero' in the ATC/EVP field, and I think your efforts should be recognised.
Many thanks for all your work that I currently enjoy.
ATB
MikeW
Ha! No embarrassment or extra work at all, but a heck of a dent in my spine caused by that "pat on the back".

Best wishes,

J

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Hello hello hello, all, ok after all the backslapping and good stuff, I've got bad news I'm on FSX. However all info is useful, as I'm sure that all these good things that were done in the older versions will be done for the newer version as people progress. The ATC is not a big issue, because at worst case I just use the Opening initials of the airline and at least get some semblance of a flight number. As for the GlassBurgh, good one, :hide: I wounder what would come out of there. The imagination runs wild

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Editvoicepack works fine on FSX mate, just download the FSX version ;)

[EDIT] You can also load in the older Editvoicepack file (the one that John did, which is better than the default one) and it works well :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage