Todays Trip!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Todays Trip!

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Hi Guy's,

I've just got back in from what was a Fantastic mountain bike ride, & in what has to be one of the worlds most spectacular spots. I just had to share the images, to show you how unusual the place really is!

Here are a few pics of Parys Mountain on the Isle of Anglesey;

History of the mine - http://www.parysmountain.co.uk/

Cheers,

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dyl,

That's an impressive (and expensive) looking mountain bike you have there to match the ideal location :smile: Unfortunately, my day's sitting on something lacking a little more padding are long gone. Wouldn't mind giving it a go on a trial bike mind :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Hi Dave,

I know that some of the locals go there on their Trials Bikes, I have seen a few on MotoX bikes there too, but that's mainly behind the open cast by the precipitation pools, where the tons of by product rubble have been deposited, they just make the perfect natural humps for them to open up their 125 & 250's......

You just have to make sure your out of the way when they are there........ :lol: :lol: :lol: But it's not very often :smile:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Ive been there a few times, its like being on another plannet! Last time I was there they had just drained all the water out of the bottom of it and there was quite a few old cars at the bottom in the mud!

And in fact I think several Dr Who episodes was filmed there.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Dyl,

Nice shots & nice looking bike. What do you ride? I've got a Cannondale 2000SL. I adore the sport. That area certainly looks the dogs danglys for Mountain Biking.Good show mate! :thumbsup:

PS I will post some shots of my local haunts soon. :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I ride a god-knows-how-old Raleigh that has served me well, even on a coast-to-coast. :smile:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Ive been there a few times, its like being on another plannet! Last time I was there they had just drained all the water out of the bottom of it and there was quite a few old cars at the bottom in the mud!
Hi Jonsey, Yes, it's like being on another planet!! This morning, the colors were very dramatic as the sun came in & out of the clouds.

Unfortunatley, it has been used as a dumping ground in the past, but is now being cleaned up, and I'm glad to say they've opened up a trail for ramblers there now :smile:
Hi Dyl,

Nice shots & nice looking bike. What do you ride? I've got a Cannondale 2000SL. I adore the sport. That area certainly looks the dogs danglys for Mountain Biking.Good show mate!

PS I will post some shots of my local haunts soon.
Hi Vegas,

My Bike's a Giant XTCse Matey, not long had it really, it's a Nice ride over the rough stuff with the Marzocchi MZ Race 100mm travel competition Forks. looking forward to seeing some of your shots :wink:

Heres a pic;

Cheers,

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

jonesey2k wrote:I ride a god-knows-how-old Raleigh that has served me well, even on a coast-to-coast. :smile:
Hey Jonesey,

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you get out & about :wink:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Dyl Roberts wrote:
jonesey2k wrote:I ride a god-knows-how-old Raleigh that has served me well, even on a coast-to-coast. :smile:
Hey Jonesey,

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you get out & about :wink:
Thats so true. I know a bloke from work who's ridden the same bike for years. I think it cost it around £70.00 - new, many years ago. That thing has lasted him longer than about three of my bikes! Getting air in the lungs & having a blast is what its all about. :smile:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

Looks more like 'Anglesey Canyon'!