Thought provoking 1 hour video

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Thought provoking 1 hour video

Post by Airspeed »

Some of you may know that I have a special interest in Northolt airport, where I attended 14F Squadron ATC in my teens.
This documentary/drama focusses on the Polish airmen from Northolt, and ends in a well-known, but embarrassing way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptijNcDanVw
Pretty certain that it borrows a lot of action footage from "Battle of Britain."

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Thought provoking 1 hour video

Post by AllanL »

Hopefully the Ukrainians won't watch this before Boris bumbles into town on his "Dodge the Gray Report" European Tour.

We declared war in '39 ostensibly to protect Poland - that went badly before Dunkirk and this film shows how it ended for the Poles.

I used to fly gliders in the '70s at a club where the tug pilot was a Pole who had never gone home after flying in the RAF during the war. We were always slightly nervous when he took up a club glider and our German club member was also airborne....... :worried:

At last count Russia has about 130,000 troops "on maneuvres" near the Ukrainian border. I saw a report that we were thinking of doubling our military presence in Eastern Europe. It would go from 900 to 1,800. That should scare Putin.

Rant over. :hide: