When the Future is the Past

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Put it this way Andy. One could make a fortune form just fetching coats!!

And yes the old ones are the best :lol: :lol:

Even when you see them comming a mile off!

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Garry, no offence intended here but did you consider what my opinion actually was? I feel like you're the first to cut me up whatever I say.

I have done my research and I feel it is fair to call the B727 a copy. It is incredibly similar and was developed from a set of plans for the Trident apparently.

It was not my intention to start an arguement, especially with you Vegas, only to put across my own point of view.

I'm sure you agree with my points on classic British aircraft too!

Is I put what I was saying in a simpler way - what would you rather have? An A380 or a VC 10?

It was not my intention to start an arguement which was between two other people. So why did you all jump on me?
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

BT, nobody is 'jumping on you' it's all part of the cut and thrust of jolly banter we've come to know and love on this forum.

As for your comment about the 727 being 'a copy'; well, I've made much the same comment here a few times and, although it does have an element of truth, it is probably a bit too simplistic. I'm sure they just used the info to refine the designs they already had. :wink:

Mind you, those perfidious Yanks did nick the all-flying tail from us. :poke:

AndyG

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

You can say than anything is a copy of something else...if you're wiling to stretch the argument far enough :lol:

And just while it is being discussed... (fetches flak jacket, skid lid and survival kit :lol: )

I thin the A330, A340 and B767 are all good-looking jets in thier own way. They are different to the 707 or VC10... but if they weren't you'd wonder why people have been doing design degrees for the last forty years! :shock: :lol: :lol:

>>>>> Runs and hides under the nearest rock :lol:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Go away, find your own rock!

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

Dagnammit, I can already feel the shrapnel bouncing off me lid! :lol:

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

If you look in the gallery thread about the A318 you'll see I actually like the A340 :shock:
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

britishtourer wrote:If you look in the gallery thread about the A318 you'll see I actually like the A340 :shock:
But only because you think it looks like *gulp* a 707; which would you rather have, a 707 or a VC10? I know which one was more comfortable. :wink:

AndyG

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

britishtourer wrote:It was not my intention to start an arguement, especially with you Vegas, only to put across my own point of view.

It was not my intention to start an arguement which was between two other people. So why did you all jump on me?
Hi BT,

I was'nt arguing with you or anybody else. I was just getting my point across. Please don't be offended. Like I said, we are all here for our enjoyment. So thats what we should be doing.

Perhaps one or two sometimes take things a little to heart, me included.

Just remember that by contributing your opinion to the discussion will sometimes cause others 'have their say'. :argue:

Anyway I have been out for a run now, got soaked and got home to stand on an upturned plug barefooted! :crying: :crying:

What a day :doho:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Peering out of his bunker

"ello Silly Englishpersons" -- (yo know whats coming - Andys going to get
hit by a dead cow -- We euro-peeings zink ze glorious Hairboos is totally
new and unique and of course very vre french - I F$*t in your general directions.....now you all go away or I wil taunt you again

Le If