Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

Post by DaveB »

You shouldn't have had a problem with P3D Joe. As far as I can see.. it's only a problem in FSX DX9.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

True, it would never be a problem to me. With v1.0 of the SB2C I could not see the glass but never noticed it until someone pointed it out, the glass on an AC never bothers me unless I can't see through it, I am not sure why so many pilots got so upset about it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. you wouldn't buy a car without a windscreen would you? :lol:

As long as I can see out of it when I'm inside.. I'm happy but.. I do like to be able to see it's there from outside and to be honest.. I can't see why anyone would be happy with seeing a canopy frame and 'obviously' no glass there. :dunno: You're now seeing glass that you can 'just' see and that's ok. If I could 'just' see it from outside.. that'd be ok with me too ;)

The Stuka glass you mentioned is a little OTT for my liking too. The fact that A2A glass 'glows' in cloud on my rig doesn't impress me at all but it doesn't agree with REX/Soft Clouds. Despite the fact I can't imagine anyone at A2A still using default clouds (look at their screenshots for proof they aren't).. they're convinced it looks as real as the real thing. Milviz glass is generally pretty darned good so no idea what happened with the Ju-87 :dunno:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Was the glass problem there in the original release, or is it only since they released the service pack ?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It was there on the original Paul. Like many others, I didn't notice it.. probably because I didn't spend that much time in it. In order to waste my time complaining about sub-standard payware.. I have to go to work in order to be able to afford it :lol: In 'period' fashion.. the first thing I did was open the canopies and to be honest, the invisible glass isn't so obvious with both in the open position. With v1.1.. I still opened the canopy but of course, they modded it so that the rear one opens on a different keystroke. With it closed.. it's obvious there's no visible glass. The first thing I looked for on v1.1 was to see if they'd changed the FAA serial number and they had. I then noticed that the RH elevator tabs were the wrong colours (underside on top and top on underside). Start looking a little harder and no glass. I did uninstall 1.1 and put 1.0 back to see if it was something that had happened with the SP update but 1.0 is the same.

It's a shame really and I mean that. What I don't like is the assertion that it's my fault for not using DX10 and why I shouldn't be unhappy that this wasn't made perfectly clear in the first place 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

DaveB wrote:Well.. you wouldn't buy a car without a windscreen would you? :lol:
Guess I would mind when the wind and bugs start hitting my face! :lol:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave, I'm very sorry to read about the glass problem with DX9, particularly as I recommended the model to you. I've had a look at the screenshots at SOH, and with that curved windscreen, you just can't get away with it - the lack of glass alters the shape of the aircraft when seen from the side. What a bummer. I hope you reconsider it once A.H. have released a fix, because I think it's a fine model and one of the most interesting WW2 aircraft I've ever bought. I'm also looking forward to the A.H. C-46 which is another of those aircraft which lived in the shadow of its more illustrious contemporaries.

EDIT: Looks like the DX9 fix is almost ready - plus a new livery. See the SOH thread. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Paul ;)

Yup.. it's not a bad carrier model at all but I have to admit this entire affair has dampened whatever enthusiasm I had for it.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

DaveB wrote:Cheers Paul ;)

Yup.. it's not a bad carrier model at all but I have to admit this entire affair has dampened whatever enthusiasm I had for it.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
It's okay. This too shall pass. Nothing is forever. :cheers:

--WH

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Diamonds are forever, according to Shirley Bassey.