Malaysian 777

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Malaysian 777

Post by tonymadge »

Ok what we now know.........
The plane went off course and the transponder was switched off, may be hijacked....

Ok the plane went off course and transponder switched off just after it left home airspace and before it contacted the next atc zone. So that would be a coincidence if the hijackers did that at that particular time, also if they were going to crash it and kill everyone, we would have heard from the militant group by now and it would be in a place it could be seen..... they like to display their handywork... No I think a more logical explanation is that maybe one of the flightdeck crew overpowered the other switched off the transponder and then changed course when out of radar range, then they flew it into the Indian Ocean and its a big place where it wont be found easily, the flight recorder if ever found wont show any failings and the voice recorder which I believe is looped would not show anything. The reason for this... I am sure there are many and they are looking at the crew.....
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Certainly correct about claims Tony

Sometimes groups claim resposibilty for thing they've had nothing to do with.

They would have said so at the time and be shouting about it constantly since.

Possible, I suppose a group would play a psycological warefare game with silence, but highly unlikely.

Until they find pieces and can tell how it broke up...impact or in the air and get any indication of whether there was a device involved no one will know for sure.

Possible some agencies know something more and they are not telling but unlikely and tbh the sum total of knowledge as to what happened is that it seems to have gone of course and it's missing.

This must be trruly awlful for the family. I know, if I'd lost someone, I'd want to know. To sit waiting for the inevitable and hope against hope would be far too much to cope with.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

The odd thing is that the Malaysian PM said it was sending signals to a satellite some 6 hours on from going missing, but that the position is unknown... with modern technology I find that hard to believe as every time you take a photo on a digital phone it hides in the data where in lat long thats was done, surely this signal would have a signature...... therefor be traceable??
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Speaking of phones, if you had an aircraft full of paxs (most having their phones with them) being flown to god-knows-where against their will...wouldn't you think that *someone* would have made some sort of contact with the outside world? :dunno:

Brian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps, GPS on phones relies on a data connection to record your position back to you Microsoft. / Google / Apple account. Without the data connection, it simply plots your position on the map on the phone, there's no way for it to record the position of the phone to your account. Re ACARS, my understanding is that it sends data, not position information. As such i think its not coupled to any GPS system.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Any reports on turn rate for the U-ie.

Bank angle might say something.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Joe,

as i understand it, its only primary radar and what I assume is ACARS satellite data, so 'tracking' as such is fairly vague. In so far as satellite position data, and assuming its the same as it was when i was studying it years ago, the inmarsat stuff is geostationary. So if you think if the geostationary satellites as spotlight shining on a sphere, it covers a given area. If you think of a few lamps overlapping each other that's pretty much the only position information you'll get, i.e. You'll be able to tell which satellite it was transmitting to, and you'll know the footprint of that satellite on earth. Now, if it has transitioned the boundrays of more than one satellite you can work out an approximate trajectory, very approximately. Now IF you can overlay primary radar, (which remember is just an unidentified blip) you will get a better idea.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Right, now we're getting somewhere. The FBI is investigating the captain's FSX. :doh: I hope they don't find the 'Flour Power' mission where you drop bags of flour on a target. :shhh: ;)
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26649690

Brian

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

TSR2 wrote:Hi Joe,

Hi Ben!

Sorry about my delayed response. There were reports coming in so fast the last few days I wanted to wait to reply so I could put 'that"
together with a few of my own Ideas.

Turns out the First deviation was a sharp turn. (as being reported anyway) But at what bank angle ? enough to alarm the pax? would that in itself cause some to think they should call some significant other? Providing of course they could pick up a cell tower. Some seats have satellite phones. but had they been switched off?

The photograph of the pilot with his simulator over his shoulder, released early on, raised an eyebrow. My first thought was, oh oh simulator!(while pointing)
then the second, .... well yes , of course, what better way to rehearse a deviant plan.
( which really gets under my skin.... taking something ,.. fun, educational, inspirational, and use it for evil. Yet at the same time I'm aware it could mean nothing.
As Brian said, His computer has been seized, and , what do you know -deleted files, which again may mean nothing.

The things you mentioned I'm somewhat familiar with. basic operations , There are a lot of satellites , doing a lot of different things, hopefully they will offer more clues.

Today a story was released saying there are people who saw it flying very low, low enough that they filed a report to the police.... ?
I should think the police would have called that in by the second day the 777 went missing.. We'll see how that plays out.

The last I heard an eye is off the Australian coast in the Indian Ocean. ... Oddly enough, if one were to bore through the earth from that location, they'd come up around the Bermuda Triangle ... which defiantly means nothing.

Cheers mate

Joe

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi,

What has made me cross with all that has happened from the start is the way this Mystery of MH370 has been reported by the people that know and more so the Media who don't!

Like this FBI taking away the PC because of these deleted files, now i am not saying either way but us flight simmers know what they are thinking but all of us delete files everyday [well i do] and i would have thought that anyone wanting to hide files that did not want to be found would know they can be retrieved and would have removed the HD,

I just hope the FBI tell what they find etc but all this cloak and dagger stuff that has been going on over the past week or more i think is out of order with a commercial aircraft that we all use, i could understand if it was military.

Anyway this is just my opinion and two pennies worth.

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.