737 surprise

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: 737 surprise

Post by NigelC »

DaveB wrote:Excellent stuff Mike :rock:

So.. this'll be your next project then.. building a fullsize sim in your garage :lol: All it needs is the will to say goodbye to money in huge amounts ;)

Glad you had a great time :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
You should be used to that, you're a married man :lol:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Hi Mike,

So, did you invert the plane in flight, or what? :S

:wasntme:

:lol:

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

:hello: Mike,

Glad you enjoyed it, the real trouble is you need more time don't you to really settle into it and get the feel of it but a great experience for you, :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Brilliant pictures Mike and not a bead of sweat seen. Many here will be green with envy.....me for one!!

Pleased you enjoyed it. :Dance:

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Looks like you had fun there man. Glad you got the chance. I had the opprotunity many moons ago to fly one of the UAL 777 sims (actually it was one of Delta's 2 777 sims that UAL bought after Delta cancelled the initial order) and it was a real awakening versus flightsim and the other (less expensive) sims I'd flown to that time. Makes you want to get one until you realize you neither have the space, money, nor power supply to run it. :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks for the comments, fellas.
Probably everything you said was true.
That all-round moving scenery creates a great sensation. Each windscreen section was at least twice the size of my entire screen, and of course, none of theirs was used up by cockpit interior display.
The impression of distance was A1, even looking at the runway made me feel like I was "up there" in the cockpit, looking down on it.

Yes, Chris, space is definitely an issue. I've been working on, and mainly off, my sit-in Hawker Hurricane replica cockpit.
The beta version of the gimbal frame already gobbled up a heap of my "Museum" shed. It works sufficiently to render slight airsickness with closed eyes.
I'm currently emptying that shed to build and instal the full 3 foot wide frame before any rain comes - we wish!
I'll need to be very selective about what goes back in.