Malaysian 777

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Malaysian 777

Post by Dev One »

What seems even more remarkable is that there are statements that the R-R engines continued to transmit engine data for another 4 hours after the hand over!
Keith

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Which might be entirely consistent with an aircraft still fundamentally able to fly but now either with the crew incapacitated and the radio communication lost, or if someone purposely took over the aircraft and switched the transponder and the ADB-S off.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Please, please don't start a pprune style speculation thread here . None of us here have any information which can enable any rational hypotheses to be proposed

And by the way, interesting though the gradual anoxia hypothesis is, it overlooks the fact that if the crew had been incapacitated, the aeroplane would merely have continued on its way with its flight path undisturbed

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I fly as a hobby from Bournemouth but I haven't a clue on this one and it is clear neither does anyone else. We should not speculate.

Nev

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

I think speculation is all thats left at the moment.... sometimes the answer gets discovered through many heads banging together... I hope this is happening with the manufacturers and the countries involved. So I have no fear of speculation
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

I read a headline on CNN ..
Not verbatim but .. something like...

Plane flew 4 hours

But the first sentence of the article was written as:

Plane flew for hours.

well which is it!

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi Gents,

I have read this article in the Aviation Herald, it makes as much sense as possible at the moment i think.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thanks for that Roger, definitely seems to be a statement of the reported facts rather than supposition. Interestingly auntie BeeB is reporting that Inmarsat have confirmed the aircraft was in coms with their satellites for up to 5 hours after she "disappeared". I must admit I find it one of the most unusual incidents I can remember, but with all of the mystery its very easy to lose sight of the lives that have been lost, which is the true tragedy.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I've been trying to stay clear of most of the threads on this "dissapearance" simply because I'm certain there's more going on and who/where it happened has a lot to do with it. Several of the press releases, Malaysian authorities have spoken of "national security" and that there's information that's being released that wouldn't normally. This raises a lot of red flags to me because it smacks of a coverup all around by everyone involved. The fact that the plane wasn't reported lost (at least publically) until it was overdue is another evidence of it. I think it's going to come down to several involved dropped the ball and now they're playing a game of CYA, meanwhile the countries not directly involved (the US, NZ, UK, etc) are out in the Indian Ocean using the data and intel from independent sources to look for what really happened. I will say this - the guy who wrote the theory about it being slow decompression of the cabin must not be a pilot because he has a poor grasp on the dynamics of hypoxia. If the masks deployed at 13,500 the there would be plenty of time for the crew and pax to don their masks, and in fact, the crew receives a cabin altitude warning well before that, so they would have already known there was a problem and been on oxygen.

If it was a slow leak - it would have been managed fine and a descent would have been initiated, not a turn and stay at altitude.

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi,

Not being a "proper" pilot ;) of airliners i found this interesting for myself so i thought i would share it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world ... ansponder/

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.