Thank you!
take-care
Andy

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by Effoh »

Could I have a training rating on the DC3 please?

Many thanks :)
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Indeed you can Colin. Consider it done ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Thanks DB :thumbsup:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

Anders Samuelsson
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

Hello!

I would like to have a go at the beautiful Concorde. I have one flight left on completing my eight revenue flight in the Heron, after that they are all up-to-date and everything should be fine to the getting the training flights in the concorde.
take-care
Andy

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Anders :)

Rgr that ;) I'm not a hundred percent sure we have training flights for the 'bent nail'. I'll have to take a look *-)

EDIT: Yes.. that's fine. TR issued :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Anders Samuelsson
Meteor
Meteor

Thanks!
take-care
Andy

Anders Samuelsson
Meteor
Meteor

Oh my G what a difficult airplane to fly, I don't mean the handling when you fly it by hand because that is a dream, I mean the planning part. Which I guess it very real to how it was. I read that a certain point towards the end of the flight tha CG is moved so much that you cannot compensate for it which makes it impossible to maintain supersonic flight. The trick was to get to that point just when you needed to descend and enter subsonic speed again. :doh:

Well not sure about my training flights. I have done a bunch. I'm on my way back from KIAD to EGLL for my sixth training flights. I could have stopped at four I guess but I really suck at flying the Concorde and I need practice.

Anyway, What I have done:
* ran out of fuel, twice(!!!) and had to do two interesting descents and landing without engines. I landed safely on the runway (first one in the middle of the desert at OEPA and the second one at KJFK), but it was embarrassing, very embarrassing. But very good to learn, it doesn't so much glide as fall out of the sky in a semi-controlled way :) It uses colossal amounts of fuel at lower levels if your'e not careful, I'm careful now :)
* I have forgot the landing lights on above FL100, since it climbs like a freakin rocket and I had my hands full at just flying and taking care of the systems.
* have flown faster than 250IAS below FL100, have a really hard time of getting it to slow down and I am pretty sure they didn't have to extend the gears every time they wanted it to slow down, maybe it's a model problem.

Well, not sure if I have passed the training flights but it's been a learning experience, and if I have to do it again I will. Now I'm feeling quite confident, the last 2 flights have gone ok, i.e. no running out of gas :)
Strange that I could start my descent with 17 000 kg of fuel and still run out... :welldone:
take-care
Andy

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Anders..

Yes.. I've kept an eye on your progress :worried: If you feel confident enough to run a full rating, I'll allocate one but I admit I'm in two minds at the mo *-)

ATB
Dave :)
ImageImage

Anders Samuelsson
Meteor
Meteor

I feel much more confident now as I have read up a lot on procedures :) But I'll let you know after this last one if it goes ok. I'm currently 1h 15 min from EGLL :) Nice ground speed of 1136 kt. (and no penalties in the penalties box :excited: (but I'll probably screw it up somehow, there are plenty of nautical miles and a horrible descent planning to do)

But if you want me to complete more flights that's ok by me too :)

BTW Found this nice video of the sim at Brooklands and a very nice video of the takeoff procedures :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhY-t5K ... ture=share
take-care
Andy