My HP Halton

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hello mate,

Sri I've been a bit lax at replying but in my trade, while I'm up to my neck in sh1t and bullets.. the population is enjoying a bank holiday!! :lol:

The ADF on the radio panel is useless mate as there is no ADF gauge :sad: What you are seeing is the main reason I don't fly the Halibag much.. the panel is cr@p, FS2000 standard at best (which is actually newer than some of the gauges it has!). If you want to fly using ADF (more appropriate to this model than the b1oody Smiths gauges) you'd have to add one to the panel.. somewhere, or.. add a totally new radio stack. Considering you have to access the radio panel via keystrokes and not ICONS, this is hardly surprising mate. The bottom line IS that the radio stack is/was bog-standard Alphasim until they moved into the 21st Century so you saw the same stuff whatever you flew :roll:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks Dave, that tidies things up for me nicely. Its better to know what doesn't work than to be left wondering about what does.

I've altered my aircraft.cfg as per your instructions:

Audio.1=1
Com.1=1,0,0
Nav.1=1,0,1
Nav.2=1,0,0
Adf.1=1
Transponder.1=1
Marker.1=1

I think I might make it a project to learn a little about more about adding things to cockpits. I'm sure it would be fairly straight forward to add the standard Kingair radio stack, wouldn't it ? It is, after all, a restored Halton, not a period one, and needs to conform to modern day regs! :wink:

Anyway Dave, thanks yet again for your help and patience. It really is very much appreciated. :smile:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul,

No problem at all. I NEED to forcibly have the dust blown off on occassions and this was one such exercise :wink: Rather than have the pony supplied with the original Halifax, you'd be just as well having say.. the old default Cessna stack as this is more likely what one flying now would have.
I'll have to take it up and see if that 'L/R' gauge you can see bolted to one of the window pillars actually works.. it might you know. Should that be the case, you would have a working ADF too. I'll have a look and get back but ideally, the Alpha radio stack HAS to go and go FAR, FAR away :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote: I'll have a look and get back but ideally, the Alpha radio stack HAS to go and go FAR, FAR away :wink:
LOL, yep! :lol:

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Re: My HP Halton

Post by AlexP »

Paul K wrote:By the way, I found a 'Friday the 13th' skin for the Alphasim Halifax ( the other half of this package) so I'll take some pics of that soon. :smile:
Yes please. I've just got back from a trip Elvington to see, among other things, 'Friday the 13th'. I'd be quite tempted to get the Alpha Halifax if I knew there was a descent repaint of this particular aircraft available.

Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Alex,

Friday 13th is available for the Alpha Halifax mate and is, along with the BOAC livery, my fave paint :wink: I'd not been inside the model for yonks and god, does that panel look b1**dy dated or what. Be nice to get a set of nice 'detail' shots to make something a little more up-to-date :smile:

ATB

ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Okay Alex, I'll do them next weekend when I'm back home again, and add them to this thread. :smile:

By the way, did you know the nose art of "Friday the 13th" was removed before she was scrapped and now hangs in the RAF museum at Hendon ? Quite something to see if you're familiar with the plane.

And Dave, I couldn't agree more. Its a model well worth spending some time on with a new panel, maybe a new VC even! By the way, what do you reckon to those other Halton paints, the red and blue ones ? Bit bright for 1940s Britain, don't you think ? Need to be toned down a bit I reckon. :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Paul,

I agree that the 'Civvie' paints are a little.. LOUD shall we say but I know the drawings they were taken from and GerryF did them pretty much to what he saw :wink:

If anyone would like the Fri13th paint (done by GerryF), let me know and I'll see if I can arrange something :smile:

ATB

ImageImage

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

Paul K
Okay Alex, I'll do them next weekend when I'm back home again, and add them to this thread. :smile:

By the way, did you know the nose art of "Friday the 13th" was removed before she was scrapped and now hangs in the RAF museum at Hendon? Quite something to see if you're familiar with the plane.
Thanks I’ll look forward to that and no, I didn’t know the nose from "Friday the 13th" is at Hendon. I must go for a visit as I haven’t been in ages, is it in the Bomber Command Hall (or whatever it's now called!?!).

DaveB
Be nice to get a set of nice 'detail' shots to make something a little more up-to-date :smile:
Sorry Dave I didn’t realise it was possible to view inside the Halifax. It has to be said I don’t think it was an option on my visit as the aircraft in the hanger had all been jammed down the far end making access and photos difficult.
I had been hoping that I might catch the Halifax outside as it had been for the Airshow the week before.

Easy enough to get a good shot from the front…..

……not quite to easy round the back. (Still, what a collection of aircraft in this shot. If I ever win the lottery this is what
I imagine my hanger to look like!!!)

Time allowing, I have to post a few more pictures of my visit on a different thread.

Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for those great photos Alex. I'm starting to get more and more interested in the Halifax/Halton.

By the way, its not the entire nose at Hendon, just that part of the outer skin that had the nose art on. Its hanging up on the wall in the Bomber Hall.

Anyway, just got home, so I'll post a pic of the FS paintjob this weekend.

:smile: