Spyware!

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

i was put onto spybot last year, what a difference from the main stream so called anti spyware programs. guess who is my main culprit for placing spyware on my machine. someone in the US based in washington, goes by the name of microsoft.
every two weeks my machine will start to go slow and strange things happen. once spybot has done it's thing up pops the name of the offender. MICROSOFT. they have their eyes on all of you ! No i don't go looking for smutty stuff either, only aircraft,ships and english tearooms. :lol:

andy

Post by andy »

Also try Adaware SE.
It is free, and will find stuff that Spybot S&D didn't find..........

http://www.lavasoft.de/

You get free updates for it.

I use them both at least once a week, and it keeps everything tickettyboo. :wink:

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I second that. Lavasoft's Adaware and Spybot work well as a combination and get rid of about 95% of the cr@p you'll ever get. For specific stuff that you cant get rid of, I usually jut do a google search and find some other soul with the same prob who's visited some geek forums and just follow the removal process or download whatever removal tool they suggest and so far thats solved all the problems I've ever encountered.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I mainly use Spybot and lava Adaware.....usually gets rid of it one way or another.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Garry Russell wrote:I mainly use Spybot and lava Adaware.....usually gets rid of it one way or another.

Garry
Ditto. Backed up with Zone Alarm and AVG Free, which stops a lot of it getting through in the first place.

Who needs Norton or McAfee? :lol:

AndyG

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

AndyG wrote:
Garry Russell wrote:I mainly use Spybot and lava Adaware.....usually gets rid of it one way or another.

Garry
Ditto. Backed up with Zone Alarm and AVG Free, which stops a lot of it getting through in the first place.

AndyG
That's exactly my set up as well.

With the Zone alarm and AVG running as well I have not had a virus for months on this machine.

Garry
Garry

andy

Post by andy »

AndyG wrote:

Garry

AndyG
Andy,
Does Zone alarm work on your 64bit PC?
It wouldn't on mine, so I laid out for Kaspersky Anti-Hacker, (which is great).

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Andy I have a 64 bit PC and ZA works OK.

Garry
Garry

andy

Post by andy »

Hmmphh.........! :doh:

Oh well......... :smile: :lol:

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Spybot

Post by hobby »

Can someone please tell me where I can download 'Spybot'? I already run AdAware.