Either one of the 2 Daves please VC issue on the BAC1-11

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well guys..

I've just pulled the entire One-Eleven fleet as was and installed the 475, panel and sound pack using the .exe files and I do not see a problem. Granted.. I held my breath for a while as the sim loaded but I needn't have worried :smile: Everything is where it should be and all windows opened as expected. Full VC in place and no surprises.
The only difference I've found is that my original 'current' DMFS Shared Files contained an additional folder for a 1-11 noVC option.. this is not present with the self-installer installation.

So.. where does this leave us :think: The new self-installer versions work (at least on the 475 I downloaded this evening) which leads us back to 2 questions. a) was the install faulty in some way.. perhaps due to a corrupt download or b) is your new 5200 and system in general not able to display the 'reasonably intensive' VC on the model????
How much more intensive/system hungry the new 1-11 VC is over the Trident, I have no idea. Both hit my system to the tune of around 6fps over the 2D versions but they still all display. Some sections of the VC are slower to appear than others but this particular load is tired and I only have just over 200mb of free space left on the flightsim partition so I'm not expecting anything to move like something smelly off a shovel :lol:

Other than trying to download the files again Nigel (removing the ones you currently have first).. the only thing I can suggest is for me to upload the files as I have them here for you to try. As it worked here.. there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't work elsewhere.

Sorry I couldn't come up with any quick fix mate.

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I loaded the 1-11 via the installer as per instruction and ended up with no panel on the VC

I re ran it and the same :sad:

Left it at that because I don't use VC anyway but something went strange.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

pangaia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

same problem w/vc

Post by pangaia »

I had the same problem last night when downloading the 1-11-500. No VC, just black.. I've had the 1-11-200 for several months and the panel is fine..
So I'm also very interested to see what the problem/solution is..
I'll try the -475 when I get a chance--
Bill

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. I'm Barrymore'ed :roll:

A thought occured to me earlier. Are those filenames correct Nigel or are they typo's?? The files should look like how I typed them (which is very similar to yours but not the same).

If I can download the latest files and everything works but both you and Garry seem to have a lack of VC with the same files.. I have to suspect both your systems. While this sounds a little blase (sorry.. I don't know where the agrave is for the s.. or is it the e??) I know you have both had probs with your systems recently and I also know that I have had none with mine.

Right.. I have zipped up my panel folder and uploaded it HERE . Go into DMFS Shared files and totally delete the folder BAC 1-11 Panel VC. Double click on my zipfile then drag and drop the folder inside to your DMFS Shared Files folder (which should be residing inside your aircraft folder). Load up the sim (with a default aircraft) then select the 1-11 and let me know what pop's out.

ATB

ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sri Pangaia.. Welcome to the forum :wink: You posted as I was making the post beneath yours so it got missed.

This really is a mystery as you seem to be seeing the same problem. There is obviously nothing wrong with the files otherwise I'd have no VC either so fingers crossed.. both Garry and Nigel see what they should be seeing after they've tried my upload :wink:

What model did you download btw?? Neither Garry or Nigel have let me know thus far!!

Edit.. ok.. saw you downloaded the 500. Will do that now :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Sorry DB I haven't even got the One-Eleven loaded at the mo

I am re installing FS due to some quirks and I have some stuff to load on. All this occured some weeks ago.

I have been waiting to clear the 748 before I re installed

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

pangaia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

success !!

Post by pangaia »

BINGO !! I'm back in the air..
How'd you do that? Dancing
Bill

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Bill,

I have absolutely no idea :doh: The best explanation I can think of is that perhaps simviation (where DM's files are stored) are having an intermittent problem with the panel.zip file or you've all just been unlucky. I've just pulled the 500 series zip (111_500_20060425.zip) and that has worked straight out of the box :shock: :think:

The important thing is that you are up and running (and I hope that this works for Nigel and Garry too) which is why we're all here :wink: It's been a worthwhile exercise as I now have the very latest files :smile:

Another satisfied customer :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

pangaia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by pangaia »

Dave.
OK Now that you've solved that problem you'll never get any rest. :lol:

I downloaded the 1-11-200 oh several months ago. I was looking at the DM site--- and there is this update to the panel.. BUT-- I can't understand if I need to get the update or not... any idea?
Bill

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Bill,

I know that DM has reworked the OHP to give a much more realistic lighting effect and this is probably the update you mention. Of course.. I can't remember what it looked like before as I binned my slightly older versions this evening but I do know that the OHP now looks absolutely stunning. :wink:

There is no difference between panels for whichever variant you fly so have a look at the OHP area at night with the panel lights turned off and see if it looks as you remember. The latest version looks like this..

With the files you now have (the ones that I uploaded earlier) you should be seeing similar if not the same :wink:

ATB

ImageImage