Boeing 737 seating

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I log in whilst in the VIP lounge at the hotel, drink in hand, steak in the stomach, to be greeted by this!

For your information I DON'T have to have a whole row, I have to have my own jet!!!!!!!!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Jetset wrote:I log in whilst in the VIP lounge at the hotel, drink in hand, steak in the stomach, to be greeted by this!

For your information I DON'T have to have a whole row, I have to have my own jet!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good evening JS :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Good evening, you see even London can't keep me away!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

For the life of me I cannot remember where I read this, but whilst on the subject of seating there is now consideration being given to standing room in aircraft as apposed to seating.

Quite simply one is placed onto a seat that resembles a backboard so you are not exactly sitting down but half way between sitting and standing, well, from the photographs I saw it wasn't far off standing I can tell you!!!

The reason for this idea is so that aircraft can carry more passengers than at present so as to improve their running costs. As far as I was able to make out, this type of seating, should approval be passed, would only be brought in on local domestic flights probably of two to three hour duration.

One consolation I suppose would be the removal of the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis!!!!! :think: :think:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

l'airboose is considering the concept of "standees" on short haul hi density routes in the far east -- oh and not sure about there - but the AMA has just
basically thrown the DVT and long haul flying out the window as hokum
or more precisely how to sue airlines and insurance companies

Leif

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I was discussing this "standing up" with my dear old mum on Monday night after we returned from Amsterdam and had the above-mentioned seating problem.

But having spent quite a lot of the weekend standing in museums, and the resultant aching legs, I would not fancy standing up for 2 to 3 hours on a flight.

Indeed my wife added to the discussion with a comment that standing still is not an easy function for bipeds (most of us on this forum?). The human head is very heavy (well for most of us on this forum) and hence there is a lot of adjustment to maintain a vertical position. Walking is easy and not so tiring!

What I want is a seat that fits :dance:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Ian

You're last point is very interesting

I would much rather walk that stand around waiting for a bus. That just gives me backache.

BT most of us may well be biped and standing upright but on Friday and Saturday night quite a few will be legless and flat on their backs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Garry Russell wrote:BT most of us may well be biped and standing upright but on Friday and Saturday night quite a few will be legless and flat on their backs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry
I wish I was this weekend. Not so, I am on nights, chasing nutters around Manchester City Centre.. :axe:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Eddie,

I guess the staggered closing time of pubs has made it easier NOT :-#

Does everyone just move on those still open?

Ian

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

ianhind wrote:Eddie,

I guess the staggered closing time of pubs has made it easier NOT :-#

Does everyone just move on those still open?

Ian
Surprisingly Ian, many Pubs, certainly in Manchester have chosen not to go ahead with all-night licensing. Instead they usually stop serving aroung 0000-0200 hrs. Its not all bad actually. I remember thinking not so long ago that the idea was madness. In reality since its implementation, there has been no significant changes in disorderly behaviour and public nuisance.

The figures are still through the roof! :roll: :lol: