The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Heeeelllllppppppp!!!!

Post by NigelC »

OK this is from the event viewer

"The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 01bca529."

Any ideas anyone?

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

I have the same problem in CFS3. Hardware problem???

NC

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

The usual lucid explanation from MS, I see. NOT! :o |-)

Try googling "Event ID 1000" Here is one site from that search:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?even ... ce=Userenv

Unfortunatly I don't think any of those are FS specific so they probably don't apply. Are there any other error messages in event viewer? I am just guessing but I think the problem probably is not related to any specific gauge or aircraft so your idea of a full reinstall may be the best idea. However if there are other error messages in the log, it maybe a system problem.

Ooops, I see you already did a reinstall of FS (I think) so I would now start tracking system problems. Reading the error message I am wondering about the missing in the registry or message .dll is missing bit. Of course the ultimate clean-up is to reformat the drive and reinstall the O/S.

This place is becoming full of Nigels and I don't know if that is good or bad! :dunno:

NIgel b (the second one.)

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

I'm not much good at these sort of things, but one things sort of leaps out at me in that event log. It's talking about FS9.0 and FS9.1

Have you applied the patch 9.1 and using a nocd 9.0 or are you unpatched still at 9.0 but trying to use a nocd 9.1

Regards

John

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

He has the same problem with CFS3 so I don't think its patch related, although I have learned that you never rule anything out.

This page specifically mentions FS9 and event 1000:

https://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eve ... or&phase=1

Do a search for FS9 on the page and you will see that mfc70.dll is specifically mentioned, along with a link. Unfortunatly you need to subscibe to get more info and I think the refeerence is to a MS knowledge article that has since been renumbered or is out of date. Googling mfc70.dll I found that "Windows errors related to mfc70.dll?
mfc70.dll is the module that contains the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) functions used by applications created in Visual C++." Now your error may have nothing to do with mfc70.dll but that .dll file is in the FS9 main directory so I thought it was worth posting the info.

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Searched MS Help and Support for mfc70.dll and found the following:

"Flight Simulator 2004 crashes back to desktop with an error after IE7 Beta Installation
View products that this article applies to.
Author: Nick Whittome MVP
Community Solutions ContentCommunity Solutions Content Disclaimer
Article ID : 555608
Last Review : April 27, 2006
Revision : 1.0
SUMMARY
After installing Internet Explorer Beta 2, Flight Simulator 2004 crashes to desktop.

Back to the top
SYMPTOMS
The Event Viewer may contain errors like:

EventID 0
Faulting application fs9.exe, version 9.1.0.40901, faulting module mfc70.dll, version 7.0.9466.0, fault address 0x0004a536.

Back to the top
CAUSE
This issue is due to an incompatibility between IE7 and Flight Simulator 2004.

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
Browse to the Flight Simulator 2004 Root folder (Default c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\)

Find and delete or rename the file OLEACC.DLL

Restart Flight Simulator"

At work at the mo but worth a shot when I get home tonight.

Nige C

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

NigelC wrote:OK this is from the event viewer

"The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs9.exe, 9.1.0.40901, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 01bca529."

Any ideas anyone?

This is a red herring and can be ignored
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Some info that might help - I have a file oleacc.old in my FS9 directory. I don't know for sure but I am guessing it was renamed during the install of FS9.1 service pack. Now my Windows\system32 does have oleac.dll and amother copy in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache. Both of those files are dated 8/18/2001 (18/8/2008 using the date notation the rest of the world other than the US uses).

You mentioned that you have the same problem in cfs3 - I am wondering if cfs3 uses either mfc70.dll or oleacc.dll.

Ben, it may be a red herring but since his FS9 and cfs3 both "disappear" there is a problem somewhere - the event viewer entry is just a clue, albeit one with very sparse information.

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Cheers Nb.

Thinking about it, when I reloaded FS9 last night, at first run attempt it came up with a "standard" "......has encountered a problem and needs to close". This was what the event viewer message referred to. Subsequent runs loaded ok, but after starting the flight and a period of between about 1-3 minutes, just disappeared and the event viewer recorded an error but with no application or error detail. I'll give the oleacc.dll thing a go when I get home and let ya know what happens.

N

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

Failed :'(Tried name changing oleacc.dll. Tried patching to 9.1. :brick:

Fed up and got 1-11 cold turkey