REX SP1

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

REX SP1

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps,

Haven't looked into it, but REX SP1 has been released....

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6c9 ... c2d288664f
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: REX SP1

Post by Airspeed »

G'day Ben,
Thanks. I see that it's for Plus and Overdrive.
I put the standard Rex into FS9, but have so far felt that default FSX weather was very acceptable.
Maybe I'm missing a whole new arena of experience?
Ever since I started simming, I've been trying to squeeze as much as possible out of my "flying." When I got a sound card, it was WOW!
Sometimes I wonder whether Accufeel etc are really necessary; they're nice to have, but I guess it boils down to what each of us wants out of it.
How do our users feel about it all? *-)
Does Rex P O/D improve the feel noticeably?

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Rex in both sims is great imo. Graphically that is, I find the Wx prog side of it slow and use Active Sky 6 for that instead, sometimes I even use the freeby one FSrealWX lite as that is even quicker at firing up. With Rex who else mucks about with different setups? I tend to find my preferred mix of settings and stick with it. Some of the skies are way too leery for my tastes and imho natures too. :dunno:
Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I received email notification about this which I found a little odd as I don't have REX :dunno: I think I had GE Pro yonks ago *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

I had to do 2 updates on mine i was so out of date!

I find REX OK, the textures are smashing, i changed mine yesterday to the realistic one and was pleased. However im am also find it a bit slow but i find it i launch REX then FSX by the time i have loaded a flight after deliberating which aircraft to fly REX is ready...

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

downloaded, deep breath, updated, works.

My kind of update. :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Couple of quickies:
Does REX interfere with ORBX and Earth Sims & UK 2000?

Must REX be re-run every time we run FS? :stupid:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Airspeed wrote:Couple of quickies:
Does REX interfere with ORBX and Earth Sims & UK 2000?

Must REX be re-run every time we run FS? :stupid:
There are two sides to REX. The first is various graphical improvements, Clouds, skies, lightning, runway and taxiway textures, water waves and colours. The choices are huge and there seems almost infinite variations.
The second main use is that of Weather downloading and setting up specific choices of Wx.
If memory serves there is flight planning and launching the sim in it too but that of course is accomplished within the sim too and somewhat redundant.
There is no conflict at all with existing programs.
Personally I set up my graphical choices months ago and have never run the prog since which is why I may be vague over what exactly is there. For me it is the graphics I like and therefore have no need to run it further.
Hope that assists.
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Alex, ;)
So REX changes are permanent until you change them again :)
The fact that it won't interfere with my expensive add ons makes it more attractive.
Having only used it in FS9, I wasn't sure. :S

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Mike - it certainly doesn't interfere with Orbx products. All the developers at Orbx use and recommend it. It shouldn't affect any other add-ons either. I certainly haven't heard of any incompatibilities.

I'm with Alex over it's usage. It has a huge library of textures and countless combinations. You can create your own theme, choose a pre-set, random or download somebody else's. On top of that you can select the weather engine and see what happens. Personally, I only use a fraction of it's capability. I've created my own theme and left it at that and rarely run REX at all. Even though I don't get the best out of it, I thoroughly recommend having it because of the texture improvements over default. The skies, seas and ground textures are superb and the theme remains set until you rerun REX and change it.

You have to run the program if you want to use the weather engine but it takes a long time to fire up and there are other neater, quicker programs. You can use a separate weather program alongside the REX textures.

Ian :)