Time for a new case..

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Time for a new case..

Post by DaveB »

CB..

The case I currently have my old XP3200 in is pretty much rubbish as It's the end result of an upgrade that went out of control :roll:

Any recommendations on something suitable as a replacement?? I'm not fussed about what goes inside going any further if you get my drift :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hi Dave,

What colour do you want? Black or Silver?

What size do you want?

What hardware do you have?

Whats the budget?
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:shock: :think: :shock: :think: :shock: :think: :shock: :think: :doh:

Hi Chris,

I take it they don't come in one size and are beige anymore :lol:

OK.. most of the cases I have at present are your bog-standard jobbies with 4x5.25" bays on the front and room for a floppy and say 3 3.5" drives on the inside and I'm happy with that sort of format. I think I have a 400w PSU in the case I want to take the XP3200/Asus A7N8x-E Deluxe mobo out of so a new one isn't too important. What I DO need is something that will keep the plot cool so I'm looking for 2 fans front and rear if poss. Cost.. well, I don't want to break the bank but am reasonably happy to fork out around £60-£70 for something that will do the job. Oh.. not too fussed about sound but USB access on the front would be nice also.

Cheers matey :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Coolermaster Praetorian!!! ( old ATC201 style, not this new rubishy one mind...)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I think you should get one of those ones with a perspex side panel, internal neon lighting and the two columns of water with bubble generators and lights in them at the front. :lol:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

TobyV wrote:I think you should get one of those ones with a perspex side panel, internal neon lighting and the two columns of water with bubble generators and lights in them at the front. :lol:
Toby....you're forgetting FS.X is just around the corner.........It will need the go faster stripe as well! :dance:

:lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

andy

Post by andy »

TobyV wrote:I think you should get one of those ones with a perspex side panel, internal neon lighting and the two columns of water with bubble generators and lights in them at the front. :lol:
Blimey,Toby. Does it include the lap dancers??? :smile: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Like mine? :lol:

Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Jonesey, sod the case, tell me about those pics in the background my friend :dance:

Do I see some watercooling going on there as well?

Back on topic...

I currently have a Coolermaster case (Centurion 532) and the build quality is crap. I have no idea of what the others in the range are like.

If you want to save a bit of dosh, have a look at the new Akasa Zen priced @ a very reasonable £32.

For a bit more, theres the Antec NSK4400 or for a very nice case, the Antec Solo

I have used many Antec cases and the build quality is great as is the internal layout. If you go for the NSK4400, I'd keep the 380W Antec PSU installed unless your exisiting PSU is a very good brand. Antec make superb PSU's (I have one).
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I was about to joke (following on from Steves comment) "where are the lapdancers?" but it looks like the "laydeez" are on the wall behind the case, ooh la la :shock: :drool: :redface: :dance: