Aeroplane Hell VC-10

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Aeroplane Hell VC-10

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hot_Charlie wrote:Kevin,

On AH's Facebook page there have been numerous VC renderings posted although it won't be fully functional due to the limitations of P3D/FSX. Lots of detail parts too. I'm sure some of the external inaccuracies will be ironed out in the beta stage, particularly if you point them out here.
I agree, that the VC screenshots look impressive along with the video of the main gear extending. I really hope that they don't let this excellent work down, with a poor external model.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Thanks for the feedback chaps, albeit framed in a very negative way which is a great shame and of little help to either party. This product is in-development and therefore screenshots aren't necessarily reflective of the finished product. Nevertheless, all of your feedback (which is always welcome) has been passed on to the developers who will address any valid issues.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if anyone here would be interesting in joining the testing team for the VC-10 then please get in touch.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Martyn :thumbsup:

Apologies for the negative slant but it's probably fair to say that we (as a whole) are not in Aeroplane Heaven's good books. Let this be no indication of how the majority of us feel toward JF ;)

On a positive (if it can be called that).. I think all points raised are valid.. both regarding the VC and external model so fingers crossed something good comes out of it :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

MartynJF
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MartynJF »

Thanks Dave. Rest assured that no feedback is ignored and any issues will be addressed in the course of testing. The VC-10 is currently alpha so plenty of work left to do.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight - Developer/Product Manager

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Rgr on the 'alpha' Martyn. I think BETA painted on the fuse in those screenies has probably lead folk to believe it was further down the runway! Still plenty of time to get things sorted if she's in alpha ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

DaveB wrote:Rgr on the 'alpha' Martyn. I think BETA painted on the fuse in those screenies has probably lead folk to believe it was further down the runway! Still plenty of time to get things sorted if she's in alpha ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
It's interesting what you see when you put paint on a model though. The previous "naked" renders hide certain things.

As for the fwd left door - it looks perfect for a Super but indeed lacks the slope on the top edge of the standards.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

DaveB wrote:Rgr on the 'alpha' Martyn. I think BETA painted on the fuse in those screenies has probably lead folk to believe it was further down the runway! Still plenty of time to get things sorted if she's in alpha ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
I know I thought the model had passed the runway's "point of no return". :lol: Looking forward to seeing the completed VC-10. :)

Brian

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Aeroplane Heaven VC-10

Post by Court Line Flyer »

MartynJF wrote:Thanks for the feedback chaps, albeit framed in a very negative way which is a great shame and of little help to either party. This product is in-development and therefore screenshots aren't necessarily reflective of the finished product. Nevertheless, all of your feedback (which is always welcome) has been passed on to the developers who will address any valid issues.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if anyone here would be interesting in joining the testing team for the VC-10 then please get in touch.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight
Martyn,

It's great that the feedback is valued. As the one who set up the post with a degree of negativity, I should take some responsibility for that! I think the comments here reflect the strength of feeling behind being let down by the images - when you hear an incredible developer like AH is putting out something very different, the expectations are very high. The pre-textured screen shots from ages ago indeed helped build that expectation - I've looked at them again and still think they look fantastic. The product will no doubt come with a price tag, and as a payware item, people will always express their thoughts on what they are getting for their money, especially when those less intimate with the model can see glaring issues. The JF post inferred this model is close to completion so it is inevitable that the comments will start when out in the public domain.

It's also good to hear that there may be room for changes, and all we can ask is that AH listen to their customers, look at photos of the real aircraft and observe the differences. Certainly I have highlighted some privately to AH. Since it may not be too late, then, I have another wish to add to the list; I for one would be happy to pay an extra few £'s to have improved functionality on the model. Let's have ALL doors opening a la Captain Sim, Quality Wings, etc!? Why developers think it's OK to have a couple of port side doors opening and not the starboard service doors is beyond me. Why just one baggage door and not all? It rather frustrates the sim experience.

I'd be interested in joining the testing team and then I can hopefully endorse the product in the future.

EDIT: having heard back from AH directly, the model is not at BETA stage as suggested by the images, and therefore right now we can only look forward to a quality product at some point in the future.

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

More than 10 years old and still DM's VC-10 looks perfect. If the new AH model will look like this at release day, I will buy it.

Elvis Presley
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Elvis Presley »

MartynJF wrote:Thanks Dave. Rest assured that no feedback is ignored and any issues will be addressed in the course of testing. The VC-10 is currently alpha so plenty of work left to do.

Thanks
Martyn
I'm seriously impressed by this kind of thing from a vendor / developer. In fact I'm staggered. Thank you for proving me wrong, i.e. that sometimes they aren't all out to get you, all of the time. Which is yours trulys default position, kind of sad that I suppose. But then I am stuck in 3 March 1960 B-) .
Jim