Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

Post by DaveB »

A limitation of the carrier config system has been discovered by a P3D user. Land on in the SWS Phantom then change to another model (a non-SWS one) and it will crash the sim. I've just tried it in FSX and the same happens :lol: The user at SoH seemed convinced that the 'old' model still worked but the fact is, there's NO old model. This is the 'single' model pulled into MCX..

She's one loaded cookie :lol: I presume the carrier software in the SWS Phantom is calling the various deck cfgs using visibility tags and moving to another aircraft eff's this up big time. Having had FSX close with a BEX error, I had to close AIC down manually so whether it's a simconnect issue, I don't know. Perhaps a workaround would be to nick the carrier software from the SWS Phantom and shoehorn it into another model. Another workaround might be to select a clean cfg from the carrier window and then change models. I'll have to try that but for now.. you can only use a 'loaded' carrier with the SWS Phantom and change models at your peril :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

Post by DaveB »

Continuing on with this interesting read..

One 'can' add the SWS carrier gauge to pretty much any aircraft thus enabling all of Coral Seas goodies to display and stop those horrible sim spit-outs :lol: Of course, swapping to non-gauge fitted models can still produce unpredictable results and leaves the user in a do or die situation. Calling up Coral Sea in AIC with a non-gauge equipped model is no problem. The CS will appear in clean config and you can trap and cat to your hearts content swapping to any other non-gauge equipped model with impunity. Swap then to a gauge equipped model (CS visibility tags set by the gauge) then swap back and it's likely to rock the boat.

All sounds a bit iffy doesn't it but it's not really. If you're going to use Coral Sea on a regular basis, as long as you have the carrier extensions gauge fitted to all the models you're likely to use on her.. there won't be a problem.. that is, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm not 100% sure where the gauge stores it's memory (if it reloads in 'last state') or if you have to reselect a desired cfg each time you load a gauge equipped model. There shouldn't be any different configs conflicting between aircraft as all models use the same gauge so if you're trying to land and see the deck in launch cfg, it's a simple matter to call the screen up and zap it to recovery in a few clicks ;)

If anyone is still here.. bless you :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!