Jetstream

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Jetstream

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Rui, absolutely fantastic job you are doing, looking forward to seeing more of your work as and when you can. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Thank you Nigel, appreciate it. I should have more coming this weekend, and in the coming week. A few days off well spent! :Dance:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Looking forward to that Rui, with your repaints it will certainly make a huge difference to the cabin and I will more likely spend too much time looking at it than where I'm supposed to be flying! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Nigel, shes a beautiful thing to lok at dont you think?! :lol: I will have a couple of repaints finished, and sort it out with the Gurus here in order to have them uploaded and ready to share with you all. So you dont have to wait so long for other repaints to come....CalState, Roll Out colours and Jetstream Commuter to start with...with respective rear entrance textures too and a revised cabin interior ;-) just doing my bit for the FlightSim community....like so many of you here, I started early, with Barry Blaisdell and his Twin Otters....then came Project Freeware,...then AFG...a small incursion into the Payware world with Paul Springthorpes B727 released by Flight1 with Paul Golding panel....Miltons Mallard also was a great joy to texture, though some real life issues made me go away, quite abruptly really, my apologies Milton.. :$ ...then this beautiful bird showed up! :welldone: I also want to send Rick the files/textures so he can see them first and tell me if he agrees with what Ive been doing so far...and then I'll share my work, repaints and paint kit if needed.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Rc

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Rui, really looking forward to the release. The Jetstream is a wonderful aircraft to fly as have been all the others that CBFS have released. Cannot imagine the amount of hard work that goes into either making the aircraft or even the re-paints, I know that for me, I could never achieve such detailed work such as you are doing even if I spent a lot of time on it.

You have to have a lot of patience and eye for detail and I don't even think that I have either so when some-one such as yourself completes a repaint for an aircraft in the way you have done it makes so much difference and is all very much appreciated.

Regards
Nigel.

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Nigel, its easy to explain ; my love for aircraft in general, civil types mostly, my love for FSX, my love for drawing, then learning my ways around Photoshop, a flight attendant for 24 years, 25 in April, cabins are my second home. The details, well, thats just me, a freak for detail. We have here all the ingredients ... :lol: I wish I could make these, Id start with a Herald, ;-) but.... as I cannot, I like to contribute in my area, texturing. And I think it looks good in the end. If I may say so...as for hours spent, yes, its trial and error....I had a different cabin with more textures, but after 5 hours doing it, realised that other parts inside "share" those same textures, so the result was very bad, visually...found a compromise...maybe one day Rick wants to go ahead and finish a few more bits, I'll be here to keep going where I just left, ;)
Again, its my pleasure to do these, and I hope everybody likes it. This aircraft model deserves it too.;-)

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

Gentlemen, as promised, heres one more, still a few pixels to fix, mostly around that tail fin area,
but nothing serious ;)
Had to hand draw those funky letters, scan it and resize it on the tail...so bear with me if they dont match exactly ...
all I have is a photographshowing this aircraft from the left hand side, and front view.

New cabin looks too, but wont spoil it by showing printscreens...you'll have to find out ;)
Lovely scheme, but again, I like them all !!!!!!!!
enjoy!
rc

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

She looks great, Rui! :thumbsup: I like the font you used on "Jetstream". Looks kind of 1970's-ish. You'd expect to see paxs exiting the aircraft wearing tie-dye shirts and bell bottom jeans. :lol: ;)

Brian

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

That looks much better than my texturing Rui

looks like you have added more shine too by altering the alpha channel

Can't wait to fly something I didn't paint :hide:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. that last shot is good enough to eat :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!