Sea Hawk

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Sea Hawk

Post by Airspeed »

Indeed it does, Squire! :thumbsup:
Many thanks for saving me from head - scratching splinters. ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

WV824 122-C 801NAS HMS Centaur '59-'60..

Available HERE

The usual T&C's apply ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Slow down man! I don't have time to fly all these. :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure how many more I'll do. No need to worry about the foreign paints as they're being chipped away at and I'm sure Peter will have a few up his sleeve. I did consider an EUJet scheme :worried: :poke: :hide:

:lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

:lol: Don't go there!
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A nice simple one now.. no markings as it was still under CS(A) control.. WF159.

Available HERE

I'd not really looked at the droptanks on these (assuming they were ok) until WV824:122-C and found they didn't match either the white or sky undersides!! This was remedied with 122-C (white) and the ones with WF159 are similarly sorted (green).

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Sea Hawk Auto Pilot

Post by hobby »

I should like to change the autopilot in the Sea Hawk.

I do use the radio block to set my VOR, ADF and ILS frequencies but I cannot persuade the autopilot as fitted to fly a selected heading - that piece of gadgetry prefers to fly a "course" e.g. whatever nav "course" has been set rather than the heading. Also I cannot persuade the fitted A/P to climb to and level out at a height selected on the A/P unit of the radio system.

I have not tried using the 'Nav/GPS' switch yet but I shall replace the standard FSX GPS with an excellent FSX download named "GPS6".

Really enjoying the range of repaints produced by DaveB and Milesman - please continue.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hobby..

It's very easy to fly using the AP 'on the fly' as it were. While on the runway, use the Heading Hold Selector (LH knob) to dial in your runway heading on the gyro. Take off then turn the AP master on followed by HDG HOLD. When at the desired ALT, flick the ALT HOLD switch on the AP. To turn left or right (or to a specific heading).. with HDG HOLD engaged, turn the Heading Hold Selector to the desired heading and the aircraft will turn to it and stay there until you change the heading hold selector again.
The ALT HOLD isn't particularly accurate. Even if you set it ON while flying near straight and level.. the ALT will wander up and down +/- 200fpm for a L O N G time and in the short test I've just given it, never settled rock steady on the altitude I was at when the ALT HOLD was engaged. ALT INC and ALT DEC are equally vague in operation (these used while ALT HOLD is engaged) due to the unsteadiness of ALT HOLD. Easier to disengage ALT HOLD and fly to the desired ALT then re-engage ALT HOLD.

I've not tried NAV or GPS ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave B, you say you're not sure how more repaints you'll do. Well, I think you deserve a rest, mate. You've certainly provided us with a range of repaints to suit (almost ) every RN squadron and carrier. ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Cheers mate ;)

I keep flicking through Warpaint and less is catching my eye.. not least of all because we don't have the carriers for them to land on :( Peter's choices were good as they're not 'ship linked' and that's one reason why I really like WF159.. you can go anywhere and not be in the wrong clothes :lol: We have a very old Ark Royal IV which, because of the deck park models, restricts us to the Phantom or Bucc (or Gannet) plus variations of Victorious. I guess a lick of paint on the Majestic's would give a fair representation of the Centaur class *-) Word is that Lazarus is going to re-visit the Majestic's so he may do a bit of re-engineering too. We can but hope ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage