Tailgragger wanted

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Tailgragger wanted

Post by Scorpius »

Hi Guys,

I am seriously thinking of buying into a group at Compton Abbas that owns a Rollason Condor. I therefore could do with some tail dragger training, any recommendations please? I need to do 5 hours of the real thing anyway so I need the prctice. It can be either FSX or P3Dv3, freeware or payware.

Thank you,

Nev

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Tailgragger wanted

Post by AllanL »

Rick's Chipmunk in the library should be as good as any for FSX. No idea about P3D fit.

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hello Nev,

You could try this, Ant's Airplanes
De Havilland DH82a Tiger Moth, FSX.

It's freeware and i think a great model, you can also do a heads out when you taxi, which is helpful.

Just type in Ant's aircraft, he is from down under and builds some great aircraft for flight sim,

I hope this will help,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/26 ... -stall.htm

Neville, have you read this link? It does look as if you need something of similar characteristics which I think Tigers & Chipmunks won't have.
I will have a lookout for something that might fit your bill.
Good luck
Keith

BTW what is a TailGragger? Dyslexia rules?

Edit P.S.

http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?l ... &tconfig=0

Hopefully this link will get you to the abd roland d6a, in otherwords the Albatros, but it performs nicely & sounds as if it reacts to the description above at the stall, the only model I've seen so far. Its done for FSX/P3D very nicely. One needs to pass the anti-robot exam to download it, not too difficult. Bernard also has a very nice Turbulent but thats very docile.
Of my offerings the Arrow Active will spin easily, but it needs rudder initiation.
K

P.P.S.
Can't seem to find a Flight Sim model, so thats going to have to be put on my urgent list......but it won't be quick enough for your needs I'm afraid!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Nev,
According to this article, the Condor was based on the Turbulent, but made more robust to suit flying club use.
If this is so, Your best bet would probably be the Turbulent.

http://www.janestevens.co.uk/rollason/p ... t%20GZ.PDF

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your quick responses and apologies for mis-spelling tail dragger. :hide:

I will try out all of the aircraft and report back.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nev , not visited for a while ; so , sorry I'm late on parade . I see you're interested in '' Gone Sick '' [ GS ] . I've a share in the sister ship in hangar 3 '' Bad Mike '' .
I've been hoping one of the modellers might get around to modelling a Rollason [ Roger Druine ] D62b condor B4 too long . There's a great Beagle Husky , G-ASNC in Airviews [ Mcr ] colours ; that was my 1st job in 1973 !
GS is a good ship with a good group , who all muck in . I do some of their revals and have done 3 of the guys difference training , in between 'destructing 3 days a week in the '' Cherrytrees '' of Abbasair . And bimbling about in Bad Mike .
Had a very good freeware Jodel in fs 9 sometime back , but cannot lay my hands on it at the mo. Sorry .
If you've any questions , mail me .

rgds dave f.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nev , part 2 . Just read the replies more closely .... and recently been reacquainted with a Chippy !
The Condor is Very , Very , similar in handling qualities , attitudes , speeds , and flap settings to a Chippy . Just a bit lighter , with less performance , and needing opposite direction use of rudder [ Continental , vs Gypsy ] .
Chippy is a poor mans Spit , and Condor is a poorer mans Chippy .

rgds dave f .

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

OT it is good to see two more Dorset flight simmers here! ;-) Time for an embryonic Dorset flight sim group?!

BTW 'gragger is the local dialect for taildragger (e.g. for "tractor" read 'tracker) ;) LOL!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Airtrooper , have watched your posts with interest for a few years now . Glad I've lurne' bout ''gragger .... 'fraid originally I'm a Naarfick Boi , 'n its ''trackor'' ,
'n Bor dunt yew goo cuttin up aalong 't rud .
Originally I'm a trackor driver with wings ,is how I call it .
In Daarset because of a lady 'n loving it . 'Fraid my simming is only on fs9 .
'Fraid I got to rush , flu jab , then a student for some IF over The Vale around Stur .Look orward to hearing more .

rgds dave f .