Another day, Another One-Eleven

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Re: Another day, Another One-Eleven

Post by PaulC »

I was thinking the same Dave, I seem to remember in the not too distant past when I used to read PC Pilot that publishers would realease a product for professional review prior to its general release.
I wonder why JF haven't done this? I seem to think your theory of get it sold at a cheap rate before the big problems surface may be right.

Paul

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Despite my earlier posts I ended up deciding not to buy it on Friday, purely on the basis of other user's first impressions! I'm going to wait until Oct. 9th and if I'm not convinced by then I'll wait until it appears in a sale...

Also, I'm just curious, as a user of 3DS Max (which I think this was developed in) what people regard as an FS9 "look" or "feel" to the model and/or textures (vs FSX & P3D)? It isn't a leading or loaded question, I'm just genuinely curious. Can people here elaborate?

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Just saw JustFlight Bac1-11 and was NOT impressed. 24 bucks for plane with only FEW liveries?? No thanks. Am disappointed that JustFlight did not offer USAir and Allergeny liveries on Bac 1-11. I used that USAir and Allergeny BAC1-11 plane as "school bus" for 4 years of college shuttling between home and college during college term breaks to avoid 8 hour driving.

I am also disappointed that JustFlight's BCAL livery for BAC1-11 is poor and not impressive. The engines are not even shiny. CBFSIM's freeware BAC 1-11 features shiny engines on BCAL livery.

Regards,

Aharon

flyboypeter1
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by flyboypeter1 »

Agree with Scorpius - really not as good as Davids from as long ago as 2005- struggling to read gauges in normal zoom . Just doesn't have the atmosphere or feel of DMs example. Flight dynamics feel off - more like a second generation jet fighter - lightweight sounds - save your £20 - wish I had.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yes, I was a bit shocked to see that there were only a limited number of repaints but don't worry...........I am sure that JF will soon release a selection of more repaints for a price of course. On the other hand there are many re-painters out there as well as here who may post some freebie repaints on Avism and Flight sim and maybe include weathered looks.

Think I might just wait until Xmas and see what they are asking for it then.

Regards
NIgel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

I refer to my prvious thread that I'm done with Just Flight. I really want to be surprised but I could have guessed how the 1-11 would go...

Hey hi.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

On one hand, I'm honestly suprised that the JF model gets such a negative reception, but on the other hand, seems like my work on DM's 1-11* was not in vain. Which is good.

*P3D users: Look up the recent changelogs and check if the hydraulic switch bug has been fixed before you try to install the update.

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Post by RobDob »

From Justflight;

One-Eleven 300/400/500 - Update available

Dear Sir/Madam,
As you bought the new Just Flight One-Eleven 300/400/500, we thought we'd let you know that an Update is now available which addresses some missing views in the Virtual Cockpit and aircraft exterior. These have been reinstated along with additional new ones.
The nose wheel contact point has also been adjusted on the 300/400 version.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

On one hand, I'm honestly suprised that the JF model gets such a negative reception, but on the other hand, seems like my work on DM's 1-11* was not in vain. Which is good.
Hi Bjoern,

I have been a member of this Forum for the last ten years and during that time a number of aircraft have been released from many talented members of this forum such as the BAC1-11, VC10, Comet and the Trident as well as such classics as Ricks Chippie, HS 748, Argosy Then there is the Auster as well as the Devon and Dove plus many more. Not forgetting to mention Fraser McKay who updated the flight deck of the HS 748! (Can Just Flight equal it)?

I could go on with the list but the point I am getting to is that these aircraft were produced by talented individuals who paid attention to detail, they were also beta tested by other members which included former airline and RAF pilots. These models were only released when the developers were happy and the end users such as myself were presented with top quality 'freeware aircraft' that flew as near as FS will allow to the real thing!!

When we are now asked to pay good money for a product that supercedes the ones' we fly for free and that particular aircraft does not come to the standard that one expects of it, those who voice 'negative views' are only doing so after having reviewed it from their own personal perspective. It is only a pity that Just Flight did not approach DM and the rest of the developers for their advice or even request them to become the main Beta Testers.

For those who are happy with it then I am pleased for them though they may never have flown DMs' 1-11 to know any different.

BTW, many thanks for your work on DM's 1-11, only found this out after reading about it from this thread, really chuffed with this update Bjoern, many thanks.

Kind regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Exactly Nigel,

I do believe there are members of Just Flight on the Forum.
Who better to ask than DM himself? Or anyone else in here who has real world experience of the 1-11.

Of course there may be things we don't know- they may have asked and so I'm only surmising.

I've said it before on here- I have a long association with JF having bought my original upgrades from them way back in FS98 days. I want them to do well, I really really do but a quick Google reveals that the majority of entries are with product issues.

I'm also aware that they are publishers more than producers, but sadly, it's their name that gets tainted.

Hopefully they may tap into the vast pool of knowledge and enthusiasm that's on here when the 748 gets to beta testing......

Paul