Aerofly FS2

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Aerofly FS2

Post by DaveG »

Downloaded Aerofly FS2 yesterday. It's still in beta and the feature set is quite limited at the moment, but it's shaping up to be a nice simulator. :) Quick loading and very smooth. If they manage to add AI, ATC, weather etc and keep the performance they should be on to a winner. Downside is it's a huge download. 30+gig for the basic and another 60ish gig for the hi-res pack :-O . All that only covers California, Nevada and Arizona. Switzerland is available as extra DLC for 7 quid. Not got that (yet). 16 aircraft at the moment, ranging from a Sopwith Camel to a 747. Not able to add more at the moment, but and SDK should be available soonish, so we'll see what that brings.

Here's some quick screenies.

Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Aerofly FS2

Post by Paul K »

My goodness, those cityscapes look very good indeed. The trees emerging from the lake in the last picture are a bit of a let down, but then it's nothing we haven't seen in FSX and P3D, and no doubt fixes are in the works. Very impressive but as you say, DG, an enormous download for a relatively small area of the planet.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Looks very nice but the download size would be a massive pain on my 5-6mb broadband.

Reminds me of Flight Unlimited which had quite remarkable scenery and effects (for it's time) but very few areas to fly around.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

:lol: I'd not noticed the trees until I looked again. Yes, there are areas that look better than others. Major cities look very good indeed. There's no noticeable slow down in those areas either. At the moment is very much a sim where you fly about enjoying the scenery. The aircraft, although looking great for the most part, have even less systems than the default FSX ones, but it's early days yet.
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Dave :thumbsup:
Is the scenery photoreal, or just darned good looking?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yes it's photoreal, with 3d buildings and trees. Don't know how many buildings are bespoke models or just autogen type stuff but it looks pretty good.
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now those cities certainly look good, I think this could be a bit of interesting competition especially for Orbx, worth watching and seeing how it progresses.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garwaire
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Garwaire »

Wow, it's shaping up to be a true "Next Gen" (excuse the console terminology) Flight Sim. Just look at that rendering! :drool:

Thanks for the post, looking forward to seeing how it progresses and your opinion on it.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Downloading now :)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Also available for Android and Apple.
Phone - Tablet and Phablets..
1.5 gb for a dollar ninety ninety.

How do i know this?
Because when i clicked on DG's link on my phome it sent me to the play store :S .

It does look very tempting.... *-) for two bucks.. I'm in.! :Dance: