Just Flight Hawk

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Just Flight Hawk

Post by Angus Prune »

Just Flight have released their Hawk http://www.justflight.com/product/hawk- ... ed-trainer

£25 rising to £30 after the 1 Aug there are also two additional livery packs £6 each
"I don't care how many times they go up-diddly-up-up; they're still gits."

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Just Flight Hawk

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the HU. :thumbsup: It'll have to wait for a bit though, as I'm skint! :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I've just had to buy a new car (the cambelt let go on the wifes 52 plate Clio.. end of story for the Clio!!!) so I'm skint too. :( I'm sure it'll be hugely discounted in the not too distant so I'll wait for that.. maybe :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm not skint at all, but I won't be getting it.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I took the plunge and bought it almost as soon as it was released (an hour or two I reckon). Right off the bat it wouldn't install! The download was removed and a new one posted a couple of hours later. All has installed just fine now.

I'm about to submit a Tech Support Request at JF, but before I do I was wondering if any other early adopters can replicate this issue...?

Straight and level flight. Gear and flaps up. Very responsive in roll (to the point of almost twitchy). Lower airbake (distinct change in pitch, as IRL). Roll still responsive. Retract airbrake, suddenly NO roll at all (controls in VC moving though). Do a slow count to 10.... suddenly completely responsive in roll! If this happened IRL the Hawk couldn't be flown by the Reds!

I'm flying P3D3.

Many thanks

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

DaveB wrote:I've just had to buy a new car (the cambelt let go on the wifes 52 plate Clio.. end of story for the Clio!!!) so I'm skint too. :( I'm sure it'll be hugely discounted in the not too distant so I'll wait for that.. maybe :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Out of interest Dave, what does "52 plate" mean these days? I have lost touch with the UK system since they changed from the old year letter, number, council area letter format, eg F365NLH (my trusty old Sierra estate which ran quite happily for 2 weeks with no radiator installed and got me to work pending payday. :thumbsup:
It would be nice when watching shows on the box to understand how old/new the cars are.
TIA.
Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yo Alex :hello:

We ran out of codes (Y being the last) in 2001/02. From Sep 01, the format changed to 2 letters followed by 2 numbers (these denote the year/half year) followed by 3 random letters. So.. a 52 plate shows it was registered between Sep 2002 and Apr 03. March 02 started the ball rolling properly with the 02 reg which would look something like AB02 ABC. The first two letters denote the registration area.. 02 showing the first half of the year and of course, 3 random letters. When we hit the teens.. the first half of the year became 10's and the second half became 60's. So.. a car registered this year from March would be a 16 plate and for the second half.. a 66 plate. It kinda made sense for a few years :lol:

The wifes new car is a 63 plate showing it was registered between Sep 2013 and Mar 2014 (actual date.. Jan 2014). Had it been registered in March 2014, it would have been a 14 and in September 2014, a 64. If you came to the UK now and bought a brand new car.. it would be a 16 plate. If you bought it brand new this coming September.. it would be a 66.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Sounds very complicated. I like our system here in BC where you take your licence plate with you when you sell the car. Much easier on the old diminishing brain cells. Though I can still reel off the index no of every car I ever had .
I see they are considering bringing back the paper disc Road Fund Licence due to diminishing revenue being paid. :$
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

What a great idea, having a year that doesn't coincide with the calendar year, or financial year! :dunno: :rant:
Though they did that in Australia for the Fringe Benefits Tax, and IIRC, the Prescribed Payments System. It was sooooo good having to cope with 3 different year ends. :doh: No wonder I cracked up!
They've stopped windscreen stickers in Victoria, too. Now they have roadside cameras that scan the registration plate and check if it's up to date, or any unpaid fines.

Oh, yeah, nearly forgot, received the discount offer on the Hawk, but I'll have to miss this one, but thanks Angus. (any relation to P.O. Prune?)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Dear me.. we're dragging the poor Hawk thread way off :lol:

If the old grey stuff serves correct.. our new registration month used to be August and that's it. Toward the end of the last registration run (eg, A123 ABC).. the UK motor trade was suffering on the world market and in an attempt to boost sales, two registration periods were introduced. The thinking being that folk like to buy new reg cars so being able to do this twice a year would increase new car sales. It also had the advantage of burning off the end of the old registration letters so that the new one could be introduced. Win, win.. of sorts :lol:
Our new system does coincide with the actual year (or part thereof) for half of the period.. a new car now is a 16 plate.. it's just the second half of the year that can be confusing (66 from this September) but it doesn't take much getting used to. My old Czech Rolls Royce is an 02 plate so without any thought.. I know it's a 2002 registered car. Had it been registered in Sep 2002, it'd have been a 52 plate and without knowing.. the only thing you could be sure of was that it was registered between Sep 2002 and Mar 2003 *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage