I'm afraid I'm done with JF

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: I'm afraid I'm done with JF

Post by alemaobaiano »

Aharon

I have some of the Connie family and would recommend that you stay clear of them. They are no longer installed on my PC, I prefer to use the converted FS9 models from Manfred Jahn and the team. Check over at CalClassics for the latest versions.

The DC-6 used to have a demo version, which I tried out and never bought (or even used my points for). I don't know if the demo is still available.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have used the DC-6 and really like it. Not much experience with the connie, but if you get P3D, its included.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I got the Connie and DC6 on a whim a few years ago (they were in one of those flash sales I think). TBH.. both looked dated even back then. It's not JF as such.. it's who makes the models for them as I've said before. The DC6, Connie, Viscount and Comet are all from the Aeroplane Heaven team. Don't get me wrong.. AH have a huge fan base (all things considered) and on occasion, they knock out some unusual models. Unfortunately, I've never been a huge fan and only got these models because I wanted native FSX versions AND.. because they were next to nothing in the flash sales.

The JF/CLS 146 isn't bad.. especially when bought in a sale as mine was for a fiver (£5). I also have the Quality Wings 146/RJ's and have quite a few hours flying them on the VA. The QW model dots the i's and crosses the t's but it is a LOT heavier on resources. It wouldn't run in FSX on my WinXP 32-bit rig (although the FS9 version ran fine). For, lets say, the lack of finesse shown on the QW model.. the JF/CLS model runs just fine (it is FSX only I think). So.. for the JF 146.. think CLS. If you have any experience with CLS models.. the 146 will be similar to the same (I have their Airbus Long Haul series, 747 and DC10 too). They tend to be 'system lite' but infinitely useable. It all depends on what you're after ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

That´s pretty much my experience Dave, I bought most of my JF stuff in the sales so I was never too concerned about them being a bit naff. I think the Chippie and Canberra were the exceptions here, and coincidentally both are still installed and used.

I agree about the 146, and followed the same path as you. The QW simply killed my system, especially into London, which is one of the most important 146 destinations 8) . I picked up the JF/CLS 146 with my points and found it to be very reasonable. It runs very nicely and flies quite well. Systems are a bit light, but at least I can fly Amsterdam to London City without a slideshow. It also comes preconfigured for various weather radars in the VC, which is a nice touch. I have a soft spot for CLS since their A310 for FS9, as long as you know what you are getting their aircraft are usually quite good.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TTFN,

Thanks for warning on Connies and DC-6s

Aharon

Lord Hearteater
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Lord Hearteater »

The JF Connie does have one redeeming value; the soundset. I use it with Manfred's Connies, and all works well. I'm not much of a 146 flyer, but would bite on the CLS version, if JF decided to run a clearance sale on the boxed edition. When the QW product can be had for less, and is better liked, that says something. I adore my QW 757.

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

It seems that things never change. I get the impression that JF has adopted a "don't ask, don't tell" approach to what is going on with patches, service packs and upcoming releases.

Despite activity on their forum, there has been no forthcoming information on any Mossie service pack. Now there have been issues reported on the Hawk T1 and some mumblings about a service pack for that product, but nothing definite. And now that they have the Aeroplane Heaven Meteor, I wonder what they're doing and when it's going to be released. I got the impression it was a completed product, so what are they doing that's not been done?

These are not technical issues that need to be reported on their support form, but just general information on the progress of things already reported or mentioned. I often wonder why some forums are created when there is little response from the distributor/vendor/developer to questions from their loyal customers.

--WH

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Well this sucks... :rant:
When the Tornado GR1 was developed and published early in 2015 Just Flight was still a part of Mastertronic Group Ltd. It was Mastertronic’s intention that at some point there would be a TacPac developed for the Tornado. Sadly, that company was pushed into administration and closed down in November 2015. The Just Flight brands and assets that had been owned by Mastertronic were bought from the administrator by Just Flight London Ltd.

While we at JFL are still fully committed to supporting the entire Just Flight (and Just Trains) catalogue, we have no plans to develop a TacPac for the Tornado.

I hope that helps clarify the situation.
From the JF forum.
Can't say I'm surprised though. 8)
Dave G.