I'm afraid I'm done with JF

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: I'm afraid I'm done with JF

Post by DaveG »

The Mossie nav lights can be changed, but it means hacking the mdl directly. :cpu: :worried:
Dave G.

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

DaveG wrote:The Mossie nav lights can be changed, but it means hacking the mdl directly. :cpu: :worried:
I knew that.. but I'm not a hacker. :dunno:

It surprises me that somebody hasn't developed an app or direct replacement of the standard FSX exterior lights. In the meantime I wish JF and other developers use better lights in the payware.

I just created a support ticket on the lights issue, so we'll see if I get a response.

In the meantime, back to the pub.. :cheers:

Cheers

--WH

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think it would be a little more difficult than you'd expect as there are a number of variations on the theme. However.. you can become a hacker with only MCX and a hex editor such as Notepad++. It's basically a matter of finding out what effects a model uses (this is where MCX comes in by using the attached effects function) then carefully editing the mdl using Notepad++ by changing the effects entries. It can all end in disaster very easily but won't be the end of the world if you backed up your originals first ;)

Agree with you whole heartedly though. Nav lights and less so these days.. aerial wires, are a complete and utter sham on some releases.. many of which are a sack full of bucks!! 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

This is what I mean- stock nav lights is not what we should be paying for and yes, you could change them but why should you? I paid a developer for that.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

"Traffic 360 has caused me so many problems I could write a book on it."
Oh how I wish you'd posted this a few days ago... In a moment of sheer madness I spent £25 on Traffic 360 on Sunday and I've had nothing but trouble since.
CTDs as standard, but to add insult to injury, uninstalling it has caused no end of problems.
Having finally worked out how to uninstall it, I discovered that it had stripped all of my default AI (jealous perhaps?).
After much internet trawling, that particular problem has been solved. But now I'm left with strange, unexplained blurries. :dunno:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

As far as JF releases go.. it's fairly easy to point the fickle finger of fate at their developers. For the most part, this would be Aeroplane Heaven who've also made stuff for Wilco. Now.. why someone at JF towers doesn't turn around and say 'change 'em cause they're crap' is another story. Likewise, why don't the stream of beta testers they have say something (though I honestly believe that some beta testers are along for the ride rather than do a job of serious testing). The JF 146 was made by CLS btw and sold under the JF banner. Anyone who has bought CLS models will know that they're not regarded for systems fidelity.. quite the opposite in fact. More along the lines of JF's 'Freemium' series. A basic.. fairly well turned out model with a simple systems setup.

As for Traffic360.. I've never read a good word about it. The clues are there :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

"Traffic 360 has caused me so many problems I could write a book on it."
Oh how I wish you'd posted this a few days ago...
Wish someone had posted it a year ago!! :rant: :rant:

Swanoir, fortunately I did not have any problems such as you did after uninstalling 360 but do get very brief stutters. Think I might have to do a complete re-install! :((

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Oh Nigel, I'm in denial that I might also have to face a complete reinstall! :wall:

It's literally taken me 8 months since forking out or my new pc to get everything working just right.

I understand what the problem was with the post-uninstall missing ai, Traffic 360 had rewritten a bgl entry. But I can't for the life of me fathom why I'm experiencing poorer performance after the program has been completely removed? I've also just realised load times have increased massively.

What make me cross (not just with reference to my issues, but taking into account everyone else's comments on this thread), is that if I were to buy a toaster from Argos that didn't work, they'd replace it or give me my money back. If I buy a flightsim addon that doesn't work, then tough, I'm made to feel that it's somehow my fault and that's it! What's all that about?

In my case, Traffic 360 was bought in good faith, knowing that my system specs are more than up to the task. But it doesn't work. So can I assume I'll get my 25 quid back? Yeah, and pigs might fly.. 8)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

In my case, Traffic 360 was bought in good faith, knowing that my system specs are more than up to the task. But it doesn't work. So can I assume I'll get my 25 quid back? Yeah, and pigs might fly..

Hi Swanoir, doubtful if they would even give you a second thought after all this time however, it would not hurt asking on their Forum as to the possible causes for your computer to crash.

Think I will post a question there also in the hope that some-one may be able to shed some light on CTD.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks for warning on JF 146

What about JF DC-6s and JF Super Constellations? Should I avoid them too?

Hope that JF's narabots do not sniff out this thread :)

Regards,

Aharon