DS Elco 80

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

DS Elco 80

Post by DaveB »

The odd thread here where Rick and Brian have commented and I can't see anything new plus, PeteP's recent shots showing Portsmouth prompted me to dig the Deltasims Elco PT boat out and reload my Portsmouth scenery. I got 4 shots in before 'Your computer has run out of all available memory' struck me down. I know you won't be too disappointed because I've already posted far too many shots of ships and Portsmouth :lol:

It's not a bad model.. ok for a while and then you get bored which is why I've not used it in yonks :lol: It has the usual DS features in that the torpedos will fire but I do wish they'd have given the RN crew RN headgear. She does some 30odd knots which is cool. One of my original plans was to paint the hull black and put RAF roundels on it. I know the RAF didn't have PT boats but it would make a fun rescue launch with the torpedos fired (so out of view). Didn't happen though :lol:

FSX: All available memory used!
Default water/sky with ASN doing it's best to keep up
Deltasim Elco 80
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Re: DS Elco 80

Post by dswanson »

Hi,

That looks very much like my R/C Perkasa class MTB which does run at a good clip but not 30kt.. :)
Regards,

Degsy

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: DS Elco 80

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Tell you what Degsy, If I had an R/C version.. I'd get a lot more use out of it :lol: Not seen anything I like in my price budget though :|
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!