Prepar3d: settings and news

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Prepar3d: settings and news

Post by speedbird591 »

Paul K wrote:Sim Launcher version 4 is out.

EDIT. version 4.2 now. I'm going to bed
Thanks for staying awake as long as you did to keep watch on it, Paul! I feel guilty for having an early night and letting two updates slip past me! :lol:

Ian :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian, we ought to do this in shifts, wearily mumbling the latest version number when handing over. ;)

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Ha ha! Day shift report: FSX2P3D Estonian migration tool updated to v1.8.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Sim Launcher v4. Wait! Not yet!

Pete Dowson has now got involved in the development of this program and has decided to use it himself for his personal simming in FSX. But he had a couple of suggestions for Maarten to improve it even more. Maarten has now incorporated them and given Pete the beta to test. So as soon as he's happy we should have a superb product for use in either sim.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

It'll be interesting to see what Pete brings to it.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

NIght shift; Sim launcher 4.5 is out. I must have dozed off during versions 4.3 and 4.4.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I'm going to wait for Christmas now. I've asked for a boxed set of the complete first series :S

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

speedbird591 wrote:I'm going to wait for Christmas now. I've asked for a boxed set of the complete first series :S

:rofl: Nice!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

So ... what happened to P3D? I hear you ask :lol:

It's still on v1.4 and going strong with more and more developers releasing add-ons for it. The forum is quiet because with no new versions or upgrades and it's basic stability there's not much to discuss. It just works - for most people.

After v1.4 was released the developers locked themselves away, allegedly to work on v2.0, but refuse to be drawn into any discussion as to what or when that may involve. The only release date info they've offered is sometime in 2013 - possibly :lol:

Apart from saying that it will definitely have DX11 support, this recent (couple of days ago) quote from the forum with regard to one person's problem is the most positive sign that work is continuing apace ...
There are certain cards and instances where you will have stutters or micro stutters in FSX/ESP/P3D - we've done everything we can in the meantime without a total rendering engine overhaul. The good news is that we are nearing the end of a total rendering engine overhaul which we believe will also greatly help reduce stutters. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this total overhaul!

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I do wish they were a bit more open as to whether or not the will have another update before version 2, I have the last release saved on DVD but am loathe to install it and all the other stuff (groan) if five minutes later they release another update. I started a reinstall of FSX and FS9 on January 1st this year, after getting an SSD for Windows and still haven't got around to everything I want installed in both sims. :cpu:
I personally don't mind shelling out $$$ if they go straight to V2 and omit any more updates, if only they would spill the beans one way or another. *-)
Alex