The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: Prepar3d: settings and news

Post by Buggyman »

Downloaded.

Unable to find makerwys.exe by Pete Dowson - or is it Dawson. I've tried AVSIM and the pond without success.

Any ideas where this file can be found.

ATB

Allan

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Buggyman wrote:Unable to find makerwys.exe by Pete Dowson - or is it Dawson. I've tried AVSIM and the pond without success.

Any ideas where this file can be found.
Hi Allan. It's on Peter Dowson's page here: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Scroll down a bit to the FS2004 Files. Full name is: MakeRunways 4.612

It gathers together all the airport and runway information from your flight sim and saves it so that the other program can read it. It comes with full instructions for FSX/P3D despite being listed under FS2004.

Ian :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

It seems to work well. the only problem I seem to have is that it loads the A/C with zero fuel! :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Same here with zero fuel. Perhaps a little more testing might be required before release :help:

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

No fuel and no weather or an error message followed by a rude exit if I don't save the flight first :lol:

I haven't read the manual yet so I'm stumbling in the dark. However I've just checked on the Avsim forum and they're all having the same problem. As the developer uses that forum I think I'll just sit back and see what happens :lol:

It certainly shows promise but he should have got a few people to try it out before releasing it - poor bugger will get a lot of grief now for trying to do us a favour!

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thank you Ian.

Downloaded and ready to 'play' once the little monsters have finished 'trick or treating' me. Where do they all come from?

ATB

Allan :thumbsup:

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

A new version of the Estonian migration tool, FSX2P3D, was announced yesterday. There are quite a few improvements, including automatic backups. Version 1.7.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for the download link.

http://www.flightsim.ee/products/fsx-to ... ation-tool

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I can now announce that SimLauncher is GO!

I've just been trying out v2.3 and I can't find anything wrong with it. It does just about everything that you could expect of it and a few things that you wouldn't. There are still, maybe, a few extras that would be nice and maybe they will be added later (e.g. fuel levels).

But importantly it will allow you to set up a flight in P3D, ready for your pre-flight checks, in a matter of seconds rather than the minutes it took before. It's quick and easy to install and uninstall (which is useful with so many updates!) and it transforms the useability of Prepar3d. Highly recommended!

As I write, the latest version on Avsim is v1.8 but the program can check for updates and will ask if you want to download the latest version (at the moment, v2.3). If you want to make a donation then the developer asks for it to go to his favourite wildlife charity - which is something I'd like to do anyway.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Well done Ian. Another thing to try out on the next day off. It'll be nice to have that front-end for P3D. :)

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Actually this little addon has made me want to fly P3D which has languished unused on my D drive since the last update.
Alex