Prepar3d: settings and news

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Prepar3d: settings and news

Post by speedbird591 »

Paul. An update after your last post on the Avsim P3D forum about Sim Launcher and aircraft positioning. So Maarten says it would be down to Pete Dowson to rework the Make Runways file to use the start position.

Well blow me if Pete Dowson hasn't popped in to say that he's done so and there's a new version to download! But there is a proviso in that the start position on each runway is at the whim of the airport designer and they may not have put it where we'd expect. I think I'll go for it anyway. :worried:

Ian :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Just tried the new version of Make Runways, and nothing has changed here - I am still off the end of RW 23 at Cambridge, just as before. :S

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Yeah. Me too :doh:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Sim Launcher v3.7 is out and the runway positioning problem is solved ! :thumbsup:

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Paul K wrote:Sim Launcher v3.7 is out and the runway positioning problem is solved ! :thumbsup:
So it is! And did you spot that little crossed spanners icon next to the fuel icon? It's not live yet but that's another amazing function panel to come later. Why on earth couldn't Lockheed Martin have done that with all their resources. After all, they took our money :doh:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

speedbird591 wrote:
Paul K wrote:Sim Launcher v3.7 is out and the runway positioning problem is solved ! :thumbsup:
So it is! And did you spot that little crossed spanners icon next to the fuel icon? It's not live yet but that's another amazing function panel to come later. Why on earth couldn't Lockheed Martin have done that with all their resources. After all, they took our money :doh:

you know what will happen now don't you, they will copy this in V2 but make sure this one doesn't work :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

TSR2 wrote:you know what will happen now don't you, they will copy this in V2 but make sure this one doesn't work :lol:
They're keeping very quiet about v2 and what it might look like. They've been very friendly and receptive on their forum to feedback and suggestions. They seem to have welcomed the involvement of all the clever and experienced people who are helping them to develop the sim.

But. I can't shake off the feeling that we're not being included in future plans :worried: I know, I'm just being cynical and suspicious. I've got no previous evidence to think that a huge multi-national defence company would act immorally :dunno: It would be very rude if they just gathered all that information together to create a fully developed commercial simulator - and then restricted sales to commercial defence companies only. Very rude. However, if I was a project manager asked to create such a thing I'd do it. I just hope that LM are more ethical than I am :lol:

But they're such nice people, they wouldn't do that to their new 'friends', would they? :lol:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Is it just me or does anyone else experience this SimLauncher gets slower and slower at starting up with each new (daily) release. It's getting to the point I may as well just load the sim up and set up the flight from within as opposed to without. 8)
Alex

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Why on earth couldn't Lockheed Martin have done that with all their resources.
I'd imagine they're doing everything they can to avoid being seen as producing an entertainment product, which legally they aren't allowed to do. For the intended use as a commercial simulation tool, you'd really just have a number of pre-set scenarios to use which could be started by double clicking on the saved flight.
If that's all they need why waste resources on producing anything else, especially when they're busy working on extra functionality in the sim such as NVG and IR emulation?

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Sim Launcher version 4 is out.

EDIT. version 4.2 now. I'm going to bed