Lightning F3 Simulator - Help Wanted

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Lightning F3 Simulator - Help Wanted

Post by PeteP »

ukmil wrote:we have one :thumbsup:
After your second - and equally cryptic post - I did find my way to your site but after about 20 minutes of fruitless searching, I was still unable to find your Lightning. If you could tell me where to download it from, I'd be interested in checking it out - that is, of course, if you'll allow it to be used for the purpose I've outlined.
Pete

ukmil
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ukmil »

it has not been released yet, and still in development. we had some pic in the CBFS developers gallery some months ago tho

http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/vie ... =7&t=14836

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

ukmil wrote:it has not been released yet, and still in development.
Now, if you'd said that in the first place... :brick:

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

As I said, there is no dedicated FSX lightning, (at the moment anyway) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB Trev

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Just a thought, but as you'll have the cockpit for it so won't need a working VC, do you need much more than a realistic flight model for a Lightning? I suppose an external model for some AI traffic would be nice too, but generally easier to knock up than the VC.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

calypsos wrote:I love the looks on the faces of Peter and his colleagues! It really looks like here is the latest 'hot rod' fighter and we (all fighter jocks) are stuck on a bloody ground tour watching lights flah and a pen move.
Well we did get hundreds of hours actually flying the Simulator, what with acceptance trials etc. and we did get the course (one of the pictures) and we did get to fly the real aircraft (two seater) a few times. Also, with 19 Squadron with Hunter Mk6s on the same station I managed to get so much Hunter flying that they gave me a silver tankard when I left...So all in all Trev, I thought for my last 18 months in the R.A.F. it was a super "Ground Tour" The only ground tour I did in my 12 years service. :flying:

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

SkippyBing wrote:Just a thought, but as you'll have the cockpit for it so won't need a working VC, do you need much more than a realistic flight model for a Lightning?
No, spot-on. It's very early days yet but my plan is to project the outside view onto the wall in front of the sim because, as you say, we already have the cockpit. There are no instruments left in it so I'm planning to show the basic ones - airspeed, altimeter, AI and so on - on a flat screen monitor (suitably masked-off) in the gap where the original instrument panel used to be - I'm sure I can write a suitable panel.cfg to do this. The only use I'd have for a cockpit view - 2D or VC - would be on the viewing monitor I'll be providing outside the sim room for the "audience".

Sl4yer
Trident
Trident

Post by Sl4yer »

Someone has done a great job with a Trident - have a look here!

James

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Slight risk of thread creep, but is the radar in that Trident set up an E-190? Looks just like the one the RN Jetstreams have for Observer training.

Pete, if you can manage a set up like that with a Lighting cockpit I'll have to make a visit!

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

SkippyBing wrote:Pete, if you can manage a set up like that with a Lighting cockpit I'll have to make a visit!
Ah, if only! I'm afraid, though, that that's several steps further than we'll be going. :'(