BAC One-Eleven

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rich
VC10
VC10

Re: BAC One-Eleven

Post by Rich »

Garry did ask how it was fixed so it might help others that get the same problem, I get this very often when a possible fix is put forward, no answer was the stern reply. Quite possible it was a finger problem as no one else including me had this problem.

Had the same plea for help from 2 different persons with the same problem, got no reply result, so I do'nt know if the fix worked or not, now have a black list, anyone who does not reply in positive or negative answers need not ask again for help.

Where does racism sneak in ???

:wall: :hide:
Rich

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Every now again...mainly with modelling, I research a problem and often find someone else had the same thing, posts and then ater posts "OK now I've sorted it" and no more.

Doesn't help me at all...It is often finger trouble, which we all do and those solutions are as valid as any, because they are issues at the time and can cause frustration.

In fact most solutions are simple, once found out.

As to the "racist" remarks...I think a misreading of posts is the answer here....in fact in this case a total misreading of the thread :dunno:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

CraigAS
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CraigAS »

xenophobic? :dunno:

That is an unreasonable fear of foreigners or strangers.

pjc747 may be new to this forum, but, a 'stranger'? He is obviously a simmer, a 'fellow' simmer. And the foreign part is completely unknown.

Racist? :dunno:

Please tell us what APP you used to determine pjc747's race.

Now tell us what race pjc747 is, so we might well understand your charge!

Thank you MarkW :rofl:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hmm. I don't see any racist remarks or xenophobic conduct anywhere. *-)

This forum is blessed with some very knowledgeable and helpful people that I have the upmost respect for.

I've mentioned this before regarding some of the newer members. Many pop up and disappear off the radar having asked for help.

While there is nothing wrong with this of course, it still doesn't hurt to ask for something in a courteous and polite manner.

I just found the OP style of writing a little disrespectful and very blunt.

Good manners cost nothing. 8)
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Wow its getting to the point where we will have to include some sort of disclaimer with every posting. Some folks are way too sensitive these days. Of course in sayong this I mean no disrespect to sensitive people. No small animals were injured in the typing of this message. Sheesh! :help:
Alex

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I thought xenophobia was the fear of using a rake to push around gravel in a garden? :worried:

Brian

psolov
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: BAC One-Eleven - Assistance Needed

Post by psolov »

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post; please le me know if that is the case as I am new to this forum. Anyway, my question is about the BAC 1-11. I installed the model show in the post about how to install in FSX. That worked fine with no issues. However, when I did the same with 200 and 500 variants, neither aircraft shows up in the FSX aircaft selection screen. Can someone offer assistance as to what may be the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Pete

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I thought xenophobia was the fear of using a rake to push around gravel in a garden?
Just had a look up in the dictionary as all these big words mean very little to me, maybe that I am only a very simple Welsh Git but found it means 'a dislike of foreigners' of which I must surely be classed as one!! :worried:

Don't know where that word got picked up from and as we have many foreign gentlemen in our midst as members, especially from up North, :worried: I don't exactly see any being xenophobiated (if there is such a word) by other members!!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Garry Russell wrote:
emfrat wrote:pjc747 posted a request, and then about 11 hrs later, said 'nevermind' - clearly he/she had solved the problem, and said so.
Could someone tell me, why any further response was necessary?
Can someone justify the xenophobic/racist remarks which resulted from this post?
MikeW
I asked him what the solution was because it might be of use to others.........so my further response was necessary.

Can you also tell me what the xenephobic/ racist remark was in this thread?
Garry - your request, having been made, should have been answered.
For others then to assume from that lack of response that the OP must therefore be a foreigner with a poor command of English is not justified.
I'm with Scorpius - lock the thread. There is no point in continuing it.
ATB
MikeW

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There was no assumption of a lack of English or being a foreigner

It was suggested English might not be his first language which I see as giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

It was not an assumption, it was a suggested possibility that might account for it

People read too much into those sort of statements....it was not a racist statement.

There was no assumption other than those who assume there was

As pointed out in an earlier post, nowadays people are far too sensitive over this sort of thing.

Now

Lets stop this crap and leave the thread in case pjc747 decides to let us know

If he doesn't then nothing lost

If he does, then someone might benefit

The thread will not be locked...not by me, there is no good reason to lock it as the things that are being pointed out did not happen.

There is even less reason for anyone to post unless they have something constructive to add.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."