ID interview to get a passport

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

I rest my case! Local papers are usually the preserve of wannabe or hasbeen journos, and should be reserved for the cat's litter tray; the only reason anybody buys the Evening Standard down here in London is so they don't have to look at each other on the Tube. :lol: Oh, unless your name is Red Ken, then you might buy it for the newt's cage, or to throw darts at.

At least it wasn't the Daily Mail; now if you'd said it was The Sun, I'd have believed every word of it :wink: :lol:

AndyG

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I had only briefly read this from one of the national newspapers yesterday and it also states that in the interview for new passport holders they will be questioned on where they used to live and what schools they attended..............they will also check your background as far as they can go.

I used to hold a passport when in the RAF but did not renew it when it expired and should I ever consider going abroad at some point I don't think that I would be too happy going through a 20 minute interview on the basis that they are suggesting. Also the work that I do required an enhanced security clearance before starting my employment , so could I just refer them to my employer?.........I doubt it very much!!!! :think:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

I used to have a lot of friends who worked in the main passport office in Peterborough; trust me, 20 minute interviews are not going to happen, they can't cope with the workload as it is!!! Most of the people they worked with couldn't count to twenty, unless they took their socks off; and then some of them would be able to count up to twenty-two :lol:

AndyG
Last edited by AndyG on 04 May 2006, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

There's a press release at the url below announcing the launch of a new Government Agency - The Identity & Passport Service. It talks about the introduction of enhanced background checks and face-to-face interviews for first time applications for adult passports, doesn't mention renewals.

http://www.passport.gov.uk/news/news.as ... ement=1112

david balmer

Post by david balmer »

ok chaps i'll let you know in a few months, i have to renew my british passort here in canada. in the paperwork is says that i have to attend an interview at the consulate and be finger printed and photographed before they will process my application. also not forgetting the $150 dollar fee. funny thing is i can sent off for my canadian passport by post no questions asked. at the moment i can still have duel nationality. makes you laugh.

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

Like Leif I doubt if I'd return to the UK for an quiz about where I used to live. I probably wouldn't go further than the consolate in Milan half an hour away.

Am I going to have to become an Italian in a couple of years? Che du marron.

Jon