Ukraine

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Ukraine

Post by TSR2 »

That’s interesting Kevin. I think the the two 124’s were on the Ukrainian register and basted at the Antonov airfield, along with the AN225. I wonder if they’re making off with them.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Interesting. A Turkish Airforce A400M has just appeared at 11000ft heading west from the Ukrainian border with Poland. Looks like it came from Ukraine and is heading to a Polish airbase.

ImageImageImage

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I'd be very surprised if it flew in Ukrainian air space, as it may well have come under attack. Did it possibly skirt Ukrainian air space, overflying Romania, Hungary and Slovakia?

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Didn’t look like it, but impossible to tell. We had a c17 from Brize that appeared to circle just East of Warsaw for a while and then head back home without landing? That would seem odd. There’s a US drone monitoring the Black Sea at the moment too.

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 00:29
Didn’t look like it, but impossible to tell. We had a c17 from Brize that appeared to circle just East of Warsaw for a while and then head back home without landing? That would seem odd.
Fanciful thinking maybe, but did some people jump out of the back of that C-17, to be met and assisted by Polish officials on the ground, before heading further east ? By not landing, the Poles have plausible deniability. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if UK special forces were in the Ukraine, at least in an advisory role.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Paul K wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 13:58
TSR2 wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 00:29
Didn’t look like it, but impossible to tell. We had a c17 from Brize that appeared to circle just East of Warsaw for a while and then head back home without landing? That would seem odd.
Fanciful thinking maybe, but did some people jump out of the back of that C-17, to be met and assisted by Polish officials on the ground, before heading further east ? By not landing, the Poles have plausible deniability. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if UK special forces were in the Ukraine, at least in an advisory role.
Perhaps, not people but equipment. I believe that when the RAF first leased C17's from the US (4 I believe), they were banned from using them for air drops. Once we bought our own, we could do what we wanted. Ben, did FR24 give any altitude data for the C17 that you saw? If very low level, that could indicate an equipment drop.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps, no, the C17 track last night stayed blue, so relatively high, certainly too high for a drop.

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You all should by now be aware of another threat by Putin.................He has put his nuclear deterrent on special alert though it does not mean that he actually is going to use it, but Putin is angry at Nato for backing Ukraine and that is one reason why Nato are not sending troops to that country however, I wonder whether Putin will demand that all countries cease their present actions against Russia or else!!

My feeling is that Putin is now turning into a very dangerous person and interestingly there are reports that he could be suffering from long Covid which is affecting his mental ability to think straight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... n-mad.html

I just hope that some-one high in command removes Putin by force if necessary as he is now becoming dangerously out of control.

No person in their right mind would unleash a full scale Nuclear War and hope to get away with it, that is the only thing that has kept us all safe since the Second World War was/is by having a Nuclear Deterrent.

BTW, Truss backs Britons who want to go and fight for Ukraine.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Senile dementia is a more likely explanation. A further sad piece of news , not of the same ilk as all the casualties but sad nonetheless , is that the Miryia AN225 has gone

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

He’ll be dead soon. His friends aren’t idealists, they are horrible people who love money and being able to go where they like and spend what they like and do what they like. Vlad is a dead man walking.

And as BP can’t sell their stake in Rosneft, the should keep taking the money, and every penny should go to Ukraine. That’s a no brainer.

ImageImageImage