Are we Mad?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Sane or Not Sane (that is the question)

Poll ended at 16 Aug 2004, 13:00

Sane
21%
Not Sane
79%

Total votes: 14

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Are we Mad?

Post by ChrisHunt »

I have to ask - these days I seem to spend more time on this forum (fora?) than I do in FS - are we all completely barking or what? I mean we get up in all the flying gear, put the goggles on, pull the hood up (don't forget to tie the drawstrings) and sit in front of a PC and "fly" from A to X (got lost trying to find B).

What does it all mean and does anyone else eat "in-flight" meals while they're doing it?

Chris

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I think sane in a mad world. It is one of the few places to talk (in a manner of speaking), with people whos lives do not rotate around Big Brother, TV soaps and other media enhanced rubbish that seems to put a spell on 80% of the population! :twisted:

OH BUGGER NOW I'M A VICTOR ALREADY :oops:
ATB Trev

Boeing464
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Boeing464 »

Well at least i'm not alone in the "sane" category, now! :lol:
Christopher Hill
painter/modeler of sorts
Student pilot-KLGB
Model 464 = B-52

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Calypsos,

Does that mean you are about to be scrapped?

Did I forget to mention the boots and has anyone else been to X?

Chris

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I'm afraid I seem to been put on the "no longer viable list" by future employers, at 46 you are past it in the UK job market. The only people of this age who do seem to find employment are women, so perhaps I'll turn up in the next interview in a dress :lol:

Never been unemployed before (and I put myself here :oops: :roll: ), never mind, I am not quite ready for the scrap heap yet, as in the Victors case, perhaps a war will come along, and I can be of use! NOT
ATB Trev

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

ROFL Chris Hill. If you think you're sane, then you are definitely INsane. :)

Only sane people can call themselves "Not Sane" becuase they're able to tell the difference between when they are sane and when they're "Not Sane". :)

The test works!

Boeing464
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Boeing464 »

:lol: Nice one there, Chris. I left myself wide open on that one. Now that I think of it, I wonder if i'll pass the sanity test for the FAA medical i'm going to take in a week. :lol: I read the FAR section(61 is it?) on requirements for being sane enough for flying a while back. Funny(but sad too) stuff!
Christopher Hill
painter/modeler of sorts
Student pilot-KLGB
Model 464 = B-52

Tom Everitt AFG
Victor
Victor

Post by Tom Everitt AFG »

"wibble"

spinner
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by spinner »

When I first joined this forum I used the following signature as I thought it would be humorous.......

I must go down to the sea again...the lonely sea and sky,
I left my shirt and trousers there,
I wonder if the're dry!.

But then I thought nope, this is a serious forum with serious members, talking serious shi...ahem...stuff. Completely bonkers the lot of us.

My wife say's "are you on that internet looking at naked women again".
"I only look at aeroplanes dear" I reply. I mean , is there something wrong with me? :smt083
DON'T
PANIC!

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

At least it keeps the old 'Grey Matter' active because there are always little problems to solve. I get my system up and running perfect and then some addon or ever alters all that!

Frequent visits to this site for the banter and good humour is just the tonic we all need. 8)

Commiserations to you Calypsos...you are certainly not old at 46. I have reached into the next decade at 54 and I was told that I don't look 54....then the person went on to say..'You might have done 10 years ago but not now....'

They were obviously having a joke....weren't they? :roll:

I am lucky I work from home as a writer but many years ago I was unemployed and thought this is it, over the hill...the pay was lousy but at least the hours were very good...!

Things changed and I became an author, now the hours are bad and the pay is the same!!

Mad we all may be but happy with it....

We must have a joke of the day page here...clean stuff only of course :D

Regards.

Bridon Bear :wink:

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk